Pro Channel crashing Sonar (Bandlab version)

pax-eterna

3 hours ago, pax-eterna said:

Firstly Pro channel (after the last update) now shows none of the standard Pro channel stuff, like the EQ etc, and whenever I try to load a module it crashes Sonar.

Thanks

Check the folder as defined in the following registry entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\VSTInternalPath

This folder location as defined in this registry entry should contains your Pro channel modules DLLs

10 hours ago, pax-eterna said:

Firstly Pro channel (after the last update) now shows none of the standard Pro channel stuff, like the EQ etc, and whenever I try to load a module it crashes Sonar. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

I think I've had this problem. I solved it by re-installing Windows and everything but I hope you don't have to do all that.

A good person from Cakewalk (I think his name was Mike)  wrote me a note with instructions, too late for me, and I can't find his instructions. I'll  continue to look for them, but it involved the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.

One thing to try might be to Uninstall them all (make sure you write down exactly what you uninstalled) and install the same things from the Microsoft website ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads).

If it doesn't help, I would write the support and probably someone would give you a few more tips.

Let me know how you make out.

I found my letter! It is the directions on how to clean install Cakewalk. This is from Support (Mike).......

"To completely remove all Cakewalk software from your computer and reinstall it, follow the steps below.

Please note that this will remove any effects presets and key bindings you may have made in your Cakewalk software. You can back these up separately if you like, using Utilities menu > Cakewalk Plug-in Manager, Edit > Preferences > Customization > Keyboard Shortcuts and Edit > Preferences > Customization > Colors.

1) Run all Cakewalk uninstallers. This is normally done by utilizing the Add/Remove programs tool from the Control Panel. BandLab Assistant and the previous Cakewalk Command Center also have uninstall options within their respective programs.

2) After the uninstall process is complete, open the Run Prompt. In Windows 7, 8, and 10, this can be done by holding down the “Windows” key and pressing “R” on the keyboard.

3) At the Prompt, type regedit and click [OK].

4) Click [Yes] if asked to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
Important: When you access the Registry Editor, create a backup by going to File > Export. In the Export Registry File window that comes up, make sure “Export range” is set to “All” and that “Save as type” is set to “Registration Files (*.reg)”. It is very important to create a backup of your registry because if you accidentally delete a registry key, there is no undo function. You can, however, double-click on the Registry backup you made above to re-import your registry keys if you make any mistakes. You must re-import your backup (if needed) before restarting your computer.

5) Delete the following Registry keys. If you do not have one of the Registry keys below, simply proceed to the next one on the list.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software

6) Open the Run Prompt again.

7) Copy and paste %appdata% into the prompt and click [OK]. On Windows 7, 8, and 10, the “AppData\Roaming” folder will open.

8) Right-click on the Cakewalk folder and select “Delete”.

9) Open the following directories and delete their contents:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk
C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk

10) At this point, you can reinstall your Cakewalk software via BandLab Assistant.
Note: Any products from 2015-2017 should be available to install via the previous Cakewalk Command Center, while older programs may need the original install disc.
---------

We're actually updating some parts of the program to not rely on the older redistributables, as some of those parts were originally built with those in mind. Now that we're doing quite a bit of cleanup work, that particular issue should not come back in the future!

In any event, if you have any questions or need help along the way, please do get in touch and we'll always be happy to help."

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pax-eterna said:

Firstly Pro channel (after the last update) now shows none of the standard Pro channel stuff, like the EQ etc, and whenever I try to load a module it crashes Sonar. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Did you try to add a module (like the eq, exc) ?

I know theres a way to set up the pro channel modules as a default (all modules, some modules, no modules) This might have become reset.

Can you add a module ?

I'd hate to see you reinstall everything only to find out it was a setting that was reset (the PC module defaults).

This explains it.

To specify the default ProChannel configuration

1. Insert and arrange the ProChannel modules in the desired order.

2. Do one of the following:

To specify the default configuration for tracks. Right-click any empty space in a track’s ProChannel and select Set Modules as Default for Tracks on the pop-up menu.

To specify the default configuration for buses. Right-click any empty space in a bus’ ProChannel and select Set Modules as Default for Buses on the pop-up menu.

Thanks guys, tried a few things from above it still crashes sonar the minute I try to load a module. The "old" pro channel view that was pre-loaded with the EQ, among others is totally gone. Maybe I'll have to re-install "old" Sonar again, as mentioned above.

The responses were much appreciated, and I'll continue to try and hunt this down.

2 minutes ago, pax-eterna said:

and now it has lost the AD Drums validation! What is it with this app? an update and everything changes! Damn annoying really.

There has got to be something else going on.  The only thing that has caused Addictive Drums to need reactivation is a milestone update of Windows 10.

At other times, I have never had issues after a Cakewalk by Bandlab update or a non milestone Windows 10 update.  On my machine, it just works.

Have you checked the system event viewer for hardware issues that my be contributing.  Especially check for any disk errors.  IF CbB is crashing, drop a note to Cakewalk support and include the crash dump file - Available from here:

%APPDATA%\cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\miniDumps