Step Sequencer

martsave martin s

4 hours ago, martin said:

sorry i dont understand..

what do i drag?

step-sequencer.png

How did you do that? Here, as soon as I insert a note in the Step Sequencer, a midi clip gets created in the track. I have tried to get the results that you show, but I always get a new clip, that can be dragged anywhere.

Anyway, what I do is to open the PRV first and choose there just the notes or scale that I am going to use there, inserting a note for each. Then I right click in the new clip to make it a Step Sequencer pattern. This way the Step Sequencer opens with the rows I need. 

• Like 1

I've had that happen to me before...in each case it was because I had the wrong track selected when I invoked the step sequencer.

Try closing the SS, create a new MIDI track and then open the SS again. A clip should automatically be created. It's a special type of clip, a variant of a MIDI Groove Clip that can be stretched out to any length you like (your pattern will be automatically replicated as needed). Later, after you're done with the step sequencer, you can bounce the groove clip to create a standard MIDI clip that can be edited in the PRV.

• Like 1