Studio Instruments Themes

sjoens

Interesting, I had no idea that the SI user interfaces could be modified so that even the position of each control could be changed through an external text file. It’s not very often you see plugin developers go to that length to make these kind of modifications possible, but apparently Cakewalk did at one time.

Great job, you must have put a lot of time and effort into this.

I was getting an error message about unable to load a bitmap with the Bass Guitar theme.  I did not get the same error message with the Drum Kit theme.  After the error message, the instrument VST would still appear, but it wasn't quite right.

Edited by Brian Nixon

• 4 weeks later...

These look just great, and for whatever reason, your Background.bmp is allowing me to float the program browser so that I can see all the different available instruments, which is a really handy thing that I can't do with the stock one.

I love everything about the look of the Drum Kit, but adjusting the knobs and sliders in the mixer is taking some getting used to. Not so much that I'd consider going back to the stock graphics mind you. I sometimes have trouble finding the hot spot for the volume controls for some reason.

Great work. This will make me more likely to reach for these.

• Like 1

Thanks SK. I find with a little tweaking here and there, SI plugins are very usable. The drum volumes take a little getting use to but little I could do about that.

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

These look just great, and for whatever reason, your Background.bmp is allowing me to float the program browser so that I can see all the different available instruments, which is a really handy thing that I can't do with the stock one.

Do tell more as my themes shouldn't be affecting anything but appearance.

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I sometimes have trouble finding the hot spot for the volume controls for some reason.

Hold the cursor anywhere over the volume slider and drag left to (-) and right to (+). Double click to return to default (70%).

For Pan & Tune drag cursor up to move right and down to move left. 

On 9/26/2019 at 2:29 PM, sjoens said:

Thanks SK. I find with a little tweaking here and there, SI plugins are very usable. The drum volumes take a little getting use to but little I could do about that.

Do tell more as my themes shouldn't be affecting anything but appearance.

Sorry, should have read "your Background.bmp inspired me to experiment with floating the program browser so that I can see all the different available instruments." 😂

I could have sworn I tried it with the original UI. Oh well, thanks for getting me to bumble my way into it.

• 1 month later...

No. Simply replace the current "Resources" folder with the new one. Instructions are in the si-bassGR.txt file.

Default folder location: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments\SI-Bass Guitar\Resources

Rename or move the original folder for safe keeping!

• 11 months later...

It *is* but it's problematic. Those plugins need to be hacked at the DLL level directly to change the bitmaps, and only some can work without breaking anything. I've done a few tests and gotten some pretty good results, but the big problem is that with any update that CbB gets, those files tend to be overwritten, so you'll need to keep copying your modified versions back over the top of the updated ones.

Here's some VERY quick edits I did, with the original Sonitus EQ there as a comparison. Some things, like buttons and sliders, can't be changed so it's very limiting. I do think the dark ones look better, but ultimately I think the solution is the Bakers update the UI internally. These plugins are real workhorses and I use them everywhere, so it'd be nice to see a facelift one day!

546339503_UpdatedDelay.thumb.png.7aabbcac7a0162c219960475898a66fd.png767338521_UpdatedEQ.png.903eb9c5f525c52fadc0d1a63d58a67d.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

It *is* but it's problematic. Those plugins need to be hacked at the DLL level directly to change the bitmaps, and only some can work without breaking anything. I've done a few tests and gotten some pretty good results, but the big problem is that with any update that CbB gets, those files tend to be overwritten, so you'll need to keep copying your modified versions back over the top of the updated ones.

Here's some VERY quick edits I did, with the original Sonitus EQ there as a comparison. Some things, like buttons and sliders, can't be changed so it's very limiting. I do think the dark ones look better, but ultimately I think the solution is the Bakers update the UI internally. These plugins are real workhorses and I use them everywhere, so it'd be nice to see a facelift one day!

546339503_UpdatedDelay.thumb.png.7aabbcac7a0162c219960475898a66fd.png767338521_UpdatedEQ.png.903eb9c5f525c52fadc0d1a63d58a67d.png

Pretty nice

• Like 1