The Wall Came Tumbling Down

DeBro

Hey Will, thanks for your critique. The entire production of the song was done in a bedroom - less than adequate surroundings. The acoustic guitar was miced with a SHURE SM58 dynamic mic without a mic stand. ☺️ The electric guitar is a $150 Squire 51 sent through an ampsim. All-in-all, its a demo of sorts just to get the arrangement of the song together. Sometime in the near future, I'd love to redo the production in a more stellar recording and mixing environment using higher end instruments and equipment.

• Like 1

Yeah my first thought was "vocals please!"  For your budget equipment, its really good. Mix is nice and clear on all the instruments. Nothing really masks anything else.

As for choice of instruments, I liked everything except for that dipping and diving brassy lead synth patch. You know the one. That I didn't dig at all. What is Van Halen's "Jump" patch doing in this cool reggae song?   :)

To paraphrase The Dude . . . but, that's like, just my opinion, man.

I think you have a good one here.

cheers,

-Tom

Damn emeraldsoul, you're good. Yes, the synth brass is a preset someone created for the softsynth OB-Xd named Jump. As there're not too many Reggae instrumentals around, I'll leave as that, probably changing the synth brass to a full out acoustic brass section.

Okay guys, I did a revision of the song. I've replaced the Jump synth brass with an acoustic brass section from SampleTank. I still wanted the brass section to play a part in the body of the song not just the intro and ending.  So, I've removed parts, making it sparser and freeing up clearer space for the acoustic lead guitar. Click on the same link in the opening post to hear the revised version.