SSD & HDD. What to store where?

Billy86

So... after a long haul... I finally got my new box up and running.  Getting everything loaded nin  It's been enlightening following the discussion, and now I'm trying to decide the best places to store all the various Cakewalk files...  

I want to conserve space on my 1 Tb NVMe SSD main drive (C:) where all my programs are, including Cakewalk.

I have a secondary internal SATA SSD drive (500 gb) for storage (I also have a 1 TB HDD in  the wings, not currently hooked up, and a USB3 external 3 TB drive I'm going to use to save back ups with Acronis).

I have all my samples  and some other larger files on the SATA SSD. There's still plenty of room free (360 gb). Does it make sense to  change all  Cakewalks file/folder destinations from their current default paths in Preferences/File/Folder Locations from C_Drive to D_Drive so that all the data is stored there and not C_Drive? 

The NVMe SSD is exponentionally faster read/write than the SATA, which is still smoking fast compared to a spinner.   What's best practice here? Want to get the most out of my drives. 

Thanks for the assistance!

Billy