APD Labor Day Sale - Up to 91% off with Rewards

cclarry

Does anyone have any opinions on the Kirk Hunter Concert Strings? I've listened to a few demos: some sound quite good to me, some... not quite so good to my ears, so I have mixed thoughts.

I already have GPO5, Miroslav (the first one), Cinematic Studio Strings, and CineStrings. I usually use them as either backings in pop/rock tunes, or upfront in movie-trailer-style pieces.

I quite like them for specific uses, but you have to checkout how they sound. For instance, Front Row Violins is very different from Spotlight Solo Strings. But I love their Concert Strings as a very direct sounding library. And so have EW Hollywood Diamond to compare. Those are more lush sounding but less direct IMO. 

Hmm... was still fighting GAS with the Concert Strings Bundle, and then saw

Kontakt 5.4.1 - 5.7.1. Must be the FULL version, not the free player version. This library is NOT fully compatible with Kontakt 5.8 or newer.

on the requirements page for Concert Strings 3. Disappointing that it won't work with more recent versions of Kontakt. Looks like I might win this battle with GAS after all.