MIDI track Channel vs MIDI per note Channel

sadicus

track 1 channel 2 | MIDI notes have various channels
track has a channel and right click on MIDI also has a channel that can be assigned.
Which channel is dominant, the track channel or the individual MIDI note?
My hope is the Track channel will override any MIDI notes that are assigned different channels.

cbb-Channel.jpg

However, even if the MIDI track's channel is set to a value from 1 to 16......  the PRV controller lane for that track still takes into account the channel of the individual controller events when choosing which lane to display in single lane controller view.  If you have controller events that are set to different channels on the same track, you may not see all controller events in the controller lane.  On the controller lane of older versions of Cakewalk, you could tell Cakewalk to display events of "all channels".  That option is not available on later versions of Cakewalk. You can only select channel 1 to 16. "all channels" is not present on the channel select drop down menu.  I wish the bakers would bring that back.

What I like to do is configure my cakewalk.ini file so that when I bounce MIDI clips to a single clip on a given MIDI track, the MIDI channels of all the MIDI events on that track will change to match the MIDI channel of the track itself.

To get Cakewalk by Bandlab to Rechannel the events when bouncing MIDI clips on the same track, to match that of the track itself, do the following:

In the file %APPDATA%\cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\cakewalk.ini under the [WinCake] section, add the following line.

RechannelMIDI=1

• Great Idea 1