Bandlab Assistent Update 5.0.6

mkerl

13 minutes ago, Keni said:

I guess not?

no idea for sure, just speculating... but for example, if it did rely on some dll installed by chrome, that wasn't up to date (eg, user not letting chrome auto-update) with the latest bla requirement (that uses the lastest version of that dll), one might experience such odd issues

btw, if you don't use chrome, uninstall it, it's just a data-mining tool, no reason to have unless you want to share your data with google

1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

no idea for sure, just speculating... but for example, if it did rely on some dll installed by chrome, that wasn't up to date (eg, user not letting chrome auto-update) with the latest bla requirement (that uses the lastest version of that dll), one might experience such odd issues

btw, if you don't use chrome, uninstall it, it's just a data-mining tool, no reason to have unless you want to share your data with google

I see what you're thinking. Could be.

Honestly I installed chrome only to checkout bandlab. Which seems very cool though I don't use it. Not enough hours in my day...

5 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

is there no log file that might give a clue as to why? for an "on-line" company this seems a bit amateurish...

The key entries I found at the update time were:

[2019-08-31 15:21:29.029] [info] Checking for update
[2019-08-31 15:21:29.121] [error] Error: TypeError: this.app.whenReady is not a function

the rest in the log I looked at is code entry points (+ corresponding personal info) ...

Personally I happy to download the exe & run it manually,  that's 99.9% likely to work, if it's predecessor had no problem, rather than rely on auto-update code to do the job, and going forward that's just what I might do... 😁

18 hours ago, Tez said:

[2019-08-31 15:21:29.121] [error] Error: TypeError: this.app.whenReady is not a function

looks like a javascript error caused by a 404 (not found, possibly due to firewall or some redirect not working server-side) or by a cached JS library/file that wasn't updated on the latest download and doesn't include that function

at least the manual download/update/install works :)