Bandlab Assistent Update 5.0.6

mkerl

On 8/29/2019 at 3:08 PM, mkerl said:

IF you don't run BA at Windows-Startup automatically:

Bandlab Assistant Update 5.0.6. is available. And it works (at least on my system ;) )

greez

5.0.6 works fine here... Don't use BA on startup, so had to launch the assistant which issued an update notification, but on selecting update, presumably a self update, it failed, followed by an instruction to download BA (bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe) and  manually install via the exe, which is ok... Just remember to run as Administrator. 

Was this your experience,  or was this just a glitch going from 5.0.4 (which was my initial BA install) to 5.06, if anyone knows??  

Edited by Tez

7 hours ago, Keni said:

This was the second update in a row that failed for me and I was forced to do it manually.

Not a big deal. Just saying 

is there no log file that might give a clue as to why? for an "on-line" company this seems a bit amateurish...

Just now, James Argo said:

I guess it has something to do with your Windows firewall setting. I turn it off, and BA successfully updates. Looks like we must set Windows firewall to allow BA to download the update. Your mileage may vary tho.

is it working on some non-standard port?

37 minutes ago, James Argo said:

I don't know, I just turned off the firewall all the way, and BA updates normally (no more error). I turned on the firewall after updates, and add BA in allowed list.

if the fix is as simple as that then it should be in a faq somewhere