"Audio Dropout" toast occuring frequently at random times

Colin Nicholls

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The aux track related drop out was fixed for the main release. That would have a error code 12 and not 1.
If you are seeing a project specific dropout with aux tracks that is reproducible try and pare it down and send me the project file to look at.

Thanks Noel will see what is possible.

FYI though

1. It is sporadic & not predictable,  the error code is always 1.

2. It occurs most often when performing some activity in the tracks pane e.g. "opening or closing a folder" or "maximizing, minimizing or resizing a track".

3. It may not be specifically Aux track related, but the Aux tracks in this current  project have a lot of FXs and it might be, I'm guessing,  related to "Always Stream Audio Through FX" being checked which if I understand correctly continuously streams silence.

And, as if on cue, just 5 minutes ago I launched CbB and opened the project and the dropout toast error code 1 immediately popped up just as the gui rendered... Further in this particular instance pressing play stalled, with another dropout error code 1, recurrently. Had to restart CbB & reopen the project 🙄...

Just out of curiosity, no biggie, did you get a chance to glance at that crash dump?  Many thanks...