Is this a good fit for me and if so how do I just accomplish the things I wanna do?

Avi

Question

I'm new to this whole scene and I'm wondering if this is the right program for me. I am trying to import youtube beats that I made into mp3s. I then want to record myself over that beat and then learn how to mix it to not make it sound like garbage. I there something simpler that would be better or this this a good starting point. If this is a good and easy for beginner application then how would i learn to do the things I mentioned. Please help.

2 answers to this question

Cakewalk can do what you want. As with any software (or technical skill like music production) there is a learning curve. Plan on spending some time reviewing the documentation (it is also in pdf format) and videos. There is a tutorial section in this forum covering a variety of subjects, videos for similar products are on the old Cakewalk site (the Music Creator tutorials are gear for beginners) and Youtube.

Whether it is a good fit for you is impossible for others to say.

Recording will take some investment in hardware. What hardware are you planning to use?