CEIL Channel Strip vst3 update / Acustica

Hidden Symmetry

I don't know how much experience you have with them but they rarely send out update emails. On the whole they operate a bit differently than many devs.. I like & have been using their plugins for years now so I know the deal but some are put off by their tech. & the way they handle their business.  YMMV

• Thanks 1

That won't change on this update. It's their dynamic convolution tech that causes the high cpu usage (not to be confused with reverb convolution) Briefly what happens is when you change a parameter a corresponding sample is loaded so it's resource hungry, it can have slow or jerky gui response.

It depends on your system & the DAW used. Cakewalk runs well on my i7 5820k /Win 10. I get an avg. of 24-30 instances in real-time (depending on the plugin, HQ etc..) using 1024 SR @44.1kHz. RAM is also important (32GB here) & I'd suggest installing them on an SSD drive if possible.

There's a lot more to it than that. Some absolutely hate them & then there are the fanboys. I like their plugins but also my algo's, whatever is the better choice.

BTW the Tan Free comp was also updated to engine 1.4.244b

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/tan-free

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...