Extract MIDI by dragging audio clip to MIDI track does not work?

GreenLight

Hi all!

If I remember correctly, it should be possible to extract MIDI note information from an audio clip by just dragging it to a MIDI track?

Since I reinstalled my studio PC, that no longer seems to work - when I release the mouse button, Cakewalk asks:

"Audio to MIDI conversion may take a while depending on audio duration. Do you wish to proceed?"

...but nothing happens when I click yes (I do see a quick progress bar flashing by though).

Am I missing something? Any ideas? Thanks!

Does right-click > Region FX > Melodyne work? If so, you can extract after enabling Melodyne on the clip which can work better in some cases.

If Melodyne isn't available that's the problem. Essential was bundled with SONAR Platinum, but not CbB. You would need to reinstall SONAR from Command Center or download and install from Celemony if you have a license.

• Like 2

The Melodyne VST3 plug-in is what CbB uses when dragging audio to an instrument/MIDI track. It also supports other ARA2 functions such as creating a tempo map by dragging audio to the timeline and the Region FX function.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Essential was bundled with SONAR Platinum, but not CbB.

Melodyne Essential was bundled with SONAR X3 Producer/Studio and SONAR Platinum/Professional. Owners of those products who registered Melodyne should use their Celemony account to download the latest Melodyne installer.

CbB provides a time-limited trial version of Melodyne Editor on the "Install Add-ons...." menu.

242xmEe.png

• Like 1