Cakewalk current edition + historical things

Martyn Roach

Question

Ive just had to reset my PC, losing many things unfortunately. Ive lost my current edition of Cake that had all my old plugs from the latest Cakewalk before it went under. If I press to download Cakewalk by BandLab now,  will it know Ive been a user for years and 'add' all my stuff or do I have to contact someone.  ...sorry if this sounds confusing....Im 66, in chronic pain....and pissed with my pc for going ***** up! I just want the latest edition of Cake back, with all the stuff by Cakewalk I had on it. Thank you

2 answers to this question

In order to use plug-ins and content from Cakewalk (the Company) products requires running those installers. Old Cakewalk accounts are still active. The downloadable installers and Cakewalk Command Center still function. Some of the SONAR Platinum/Professional/Artist installers require actually installing the DAW before they will run. V-Vocal bundled with SONAR Producer through X2 also requires installing the DAW that included the plug-ins.

The plug-ins bundled with Cakewalk by BandLab are detailed here.

Keep in mind Cakewalk by BandLab is 64bit only so some older 32bit only DX plug-ins bundled with SONAR and other Cakewalk DAWs will not work in CbB (the same restriction applied to SONAR).