combine midi

I’d like to know this as well. For example, I’d like to record a MIDI performance of a left hand on a piano and then play the right hand part separately while monitoring the left hand notes. Then combine both into a single MIDI track. This sounds like the way to do that. Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, bitman said:

Maybe select midi tracks in question and bounce to tracks, selecting only one as a destination?

That's what I would have suggested.

Remember to set the MIDI channel in the inspector to none though, if your track contains multiple MIDI channels that you want to preserve.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bounce to clips for each track - then hold shift and drag one track to the other in sound on sound mode.  important to remember ( Shift key maintains their time line position ). )  ( Control shift if you want to copy the track and maintain the  time line position ).

Set the midi channel of the destination track to - none - if the combined tracks  tracks want to retain their separate original channel data. Set to whatever MIDI channel if you want to output the combined track to a specific MIDI  channel.