Harvest MIDI Plugin

cclarry

Sooo, I got a message that read:  "Could not reach server.  Please check your internet connection." Gabe sent me this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi which fixed the install.  Now I'm having trouble getting  the routing configured. 

There was no indication anyone was having trouble installing so I simply commented on the fact that I was getting great service, too; I didn't even mention what the problem was to begin with - it wasn't the point of the post.  No need to be grumpy.B|

7 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Sooo, I got a message that read:  "Could not reach server.  Please check your internet connection." Gabe sent me this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi which fixed the install.  Now I'm having trouble getting  the routing configured. 

There was no indication anyone was having trouble installing so I simply commented on the fact that I was getting great service, too; I didn't even mention what the problem was to begin with - it wasn't the point of the post.  No need to be grumpy.B|

Thanks.

That's exactly what happened to me. I found a textfile in the download with that link.

I could confirm that i already had the mentioned update but then there was this other steps necessary. I didn't like the idea of editing the registry when i'm not sure about the needed steps. The MS page is confusing. Hard to tell if i had to do both the hot fix and the quick fix.

So...i moved on and installed it on win8.1 instead. No problem on that windows.

I would change in the registry if i had an clear answer on exactly what to change/add. I kind of hoped you had gotten that.

About Gabe. In the MS text you can read that usually those fixes isn't necessary because the coder takes care of that with a little bit of code in the installer.

I choose to believe we got it so cheap because he wanted us to do his job.

Or he's a fanatic win10 user?

Was hoping to grab this but the price has gone up from the $29. 

Every $10  makes a difference here in Australia with our very low value rubles in a world ruled by the mighty green back  

I tried to contact them via their support link but it just took me to their “Who we are” page.  

Ah well.  I’m sure I have enough plugins that one less wont really matter all that much. 

If you are running Windows 7 you are most likely going to have to sort out the TLS support one way or another, no matter how much developers do.  I think the easy fix will do the registry stuff for you, the download button is kind of hidden on that web page and not very clear (look for the download button after the section labeled Easy Fix).  The actual OS update patch download should have been installed with normal Windows updates (unless you didn't apply them, or turned the updates off).  I've had to fix a bunch of IIS servers with TLS support and vaguely remember some nice utility app that let you see/configure everything but I did this years ago.  This may not be the last time you have issues with TLS support on Windows 7 though.