Harvest MIDI Plugin

cclarry

Unlimit Your MIDI - $29 intro price

Harvest is a MIDI sequence generator. It's a VST Plugin that can produce melodies, chords,

and drum patterns. Generate unique loops, subtly tweak melodies or create MIDI chaos. 

https://harvestplugin.com/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=day1&utm_content=com2&fbclid=IwAR2n6K28lGHHoLDcSUR5z5iZaqX_efiG_0GgwJZ3abepSrJLflOpZ65y5dA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not bad little plugin. I am at work and trying to learn/use it on my Surface Pro with out any input controller other than the  keys that come with CbB, and that just ain't working to well. It's best if you have the controller in front of you along with the screen to see.

But from what I can pick up and do so far, it's really easy to get a grip on. Not that hard at all. One thing I like about it is it lets you change the size of the note from a whole note to a 64note all within the same sequence. Which allows for some very interesting  grooves. And you can save the sequence as midi clips.

I won't get a chance to try it out till maybe tomorrow. But I am looking forward to this one.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Grem said:

This was a great find Larry. Watched the video. Video was ok, but it did show the potential of this thing. Just d/l it and going play. Will be back to let ya'll know how it went.

Good spot Larry 👍🏻

Yes this looks very good for the money Grem. There is also a free version with some limitations (listed on the page) if you want to try it out first (you have  to provide your email address)...

https://harvestplugin.com/free/ 

There seems to be a lot of thought gone into this and the paid version seems worth it for the extras it adds, especially at this price, such as the ability to lock notes, custom note selection etc.

Edited by ZincT

Exactly Zinc. The locking if the notes is what sold me and that function works greaat!!

I have already got me about 5 or 6 grooves I made up with it. Can't wait to get home with my controller. This will be fun.

This looks to be a very useful tool and I like that your creative decisions can be used easily/musically in the process. I think I'm getting it (going to watch a few more vids).

Thanks Larry. :)

Edited by Mesh

No, it doesn't drag/drop midi sequences,  but it can load and save the midi. It also records the sequence into the daw. From there you can drag/drop all you want.

Not sure what limitations the demo has. I didn't demo it. 

It's worth the $49 asking price. And on sale it's a great deal. 

Forgot to add that it has multiple undo!! Even has a humanize feature. This is one powerful little plugin.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 Hrs. left for the $29 deal....you gotta drop it like it's hot!! ;)

When I went to purchase, it seems to only accept Paypal and I was planning on using my CC. This isn't good (since I don't have any GAS money in there) and why no CC purchasing??

Edited by Mesh
  • Thanks 1

I picked this up.  At first it wouldn't install, kept saying my (copy and pasted) serial number was invalid.  Then it suddenly worked.  Looks like their installer connects to their website to "verify" your serial.  So if the site goes down (or changes) your old installer won't work.  Not sure I really like that all that much.  They also don't ask for permission/tell you it will go to the net to validate your serial number during the install either.

No drag and drop, which is kind of a bummer.  Also the GUI isn't resizable.  Still may be useful though, just has a few rough edges.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, Mesh said:

Sent them an email.....let's see how good support is.

Gabe replied/apologised stating that's the only payment option available ATM, but are open to other options (G Pay, wire transfer, Zeller etc...). He also said he'll extend the $29 deal for me for another week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 5:44 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

I picked this up.  At first it wouldn't install, kept saying my (copy and pasted) serial number was invalid.  Then it suddenly worked.  Looks like their installer connects to their website to "verify" your serial.  So if the site goes down (or changes) your old installer won't work.  Not sure I really like that all that much.  They also don't ask for permission/tell you it will go to the net to validate your serial number during the install either.

No drag and drop, which is kind of a bummer.  Also the GUI isn't resizable.  Still may be useful though, just has a few rough edges.

That's why I deleted it. 

Now having played with it for a while, I think it just kind of falls short of being useful.

A new beta of Sundog was made available yesterday.  Just playing around with it for a few minutes I got far more interesting music than anything I could get out of Harvest.  But it's not a plugin so that might be more of an issue.

I'm pretty fond of the Captain Chord plugin set if you must have a plugin.  And I still think Rapid Composer is hands down the most "pro" (but very hard to fully understand) MIDI composer out there.  Orb Composer and I still aren't getting along all that well, but it's later releases have been better.

Harvest has potential but it needs to step up a lot to make it in my regular toolbox.

• Thanks 3

On 8/31/2019 at 2:52 AM, Marc Cormier said:

I was having an issue getting this to work with Windows 7 and Gabe responded to my email within a couple of hours.  Great service! 

So, no one else wants to be the grumpy guy. It's on me then.
You don't mention the solution. Does that mean that everybody with win7 is forced to mail the developer?