What happened to the old Cakewalk forum?

Jesse Jost

Please bring back the Deals forum.  Even though I am a long-time Cake user, it is the reason I visit this site on a regular basis.  You have a volunteer there (Larry) who is super diligent.  It is one of the best such sites in the music forum world and I am sure that it drives traffic here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

No a more appropriate place would be the coffeehouse

Out of curiosity I clicked the "Hide" button on my comment that you responded to. I see that the comment has completely disappeared, with no way to get it back or even see it. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

10 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

Out of curiosity I clicked the "Hide" button on my comment that you responded to. I see that the comment has completely disappeared, with no way to get it back or even see it. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

We're still getting our sea legs here. 😅Staffers and Admins can see hidden posts, but Noel probably didn't notice the state. Anyway I don't think we need the hide feature, just seems confusing so I'll suppress it for now. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse Jost said:

We're still getting our sea legs here. 😅Staffers and Admins can see hidden posts, but Noel probably didn't notice the state. Anyway I don't think we need the hide feature, just seems confusing so I'll suppress it for now. 

Jesse - I asked this elsewhere, but now I can't find it: What about signatures? They can be darned helpful, and I don't see a way to add them to my profile.

6 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

Jesse - I asked this elsewhere, but now I can't find it: What about signatures? They can be darned helpful, and I don't see a way to add them to my profile.

By direct link: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

By navigation:

1. In the user menu, click Account Settings

image.png

2. Then in Settings, click Signature

image.png

1 hour ago, S.L.I.P. said:

I don't think the Coffee House is the place for deals. The Deals forum must have its own place... Please!

I agree!  Deals are a whole separate thing from random conversation.  We need a dedicated space to find and discuss deals without wading through cat pictures and bapu's ramblings. 🤡 

I hope members of the old forum will be given a notice one or two days prior to the lock down so they can contribute a "final goodbye" post.  Some have already made such a post but others will likely continue posting until the bitter end.  Some may desire to say some famous last words or something.  😁

23 hours ago, Musicianaire said:

I agree!  Deals are a whole separate thing from random conversation.  We need a dedicated space to find and discuss deals without wading through cat pictures and bapu's ramblings. 🤡 

Yes, exactly what I wanted to say! I don't need to see the nonsense that I and other's post, while I'm looking to spend money I something I don't really need. 

• Jesse Jost changed the title to What happened to the old Cakewalk forum?