Mackie X-Touch - Skip hidden tracks

SloHand Solo

1 hour ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Mackie X-Touch hu ? xD

I assume you mean Behringer X touch. I also wish we could skip hidden tracks, assign tracks, exc. This has been a thorn in my side since buying my Mackie Control. Would love to this feature.

Yes, this hidden track thing has been one slight negative on my MCUpro since I got it as well. But otherwise, I don’t have any reason to jump to something else. 

10 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Mackie X-Touch hu ? xD

I assume you mean Behringer X touch. I also wish we could skip hidden tracks, assign tracks, exc. This has been a thorn in my side since buying my Mackie Control. Would love to this feature.

Not sure why I was thinking "Mackie" LOL

Exactly.  I figured it was with both of them, but I'd have to put the blame on Mackie, as Behringer just follows suite with more affordable, generic versions of equipment.  It's a bad design decision.  If, as an engineer, you can't decide if the user wants A or B, you build an option for the user.  Just a simple flag.  But I bet it would be easier to move a mountain, than to get Mackie to adjust their code...along with all of the DAW software.

So I guess I'll just keep rearranging tracks LOL

Edited by Medicine Head
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi! I just got an old Mackie MCU to use with CbB, and I thought I should bump this post, as it is an issue for me. According to the manual, we should be able to assign which tracks the control surface sees. It is laid out clearly, but simply doesn't work.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? A bug? An outdated manual? Thanks!

Screenshot_20230503-231001_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 4:38 PM, Michael Brown said:

Hi! I just got an old Mackie MCU to use with CbB, and I thought I should bump this post, as it is an issue for me. According to the manual, we should be able to assign which tracks the control surface sees. It is laid out clearly, but simply doesn't work.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? A bug? An outdated manual? Thanks!

I checked this yesterday - it's working perfectly for me.

Obviously if you have "Keep track/console visibility states in sync" checked, there will be no difference between the "Track View" and "Console View" settings, but if that isn't checked you can have different sets of hidden tracks and the MCU correctly hides them according to the setting.