Arturia - Three Delays "You'll Actually Use"

husker

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Arturia is well known for their quality....I have the 3 Preamps, and they
are very good.  They are considered better than the UAD versions,
so I'm sure the Delay's will be top notch also...

Larry, you are not helping :P

Trying to resist...  But liking to hear something is considered better than (in)famous UAD plugins (especially from you ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I have one of the three filters... where can I find info about a discounted price?

You should get an email that tells you what your upgrade price is for both
the 3 Delays and the complete bundle, which includes the delays, preamps, compressor,
and filters...

I have the 3 Preamps, and my price was $69 for the Delays and $149 for the whole bundle

• Like 1

I am losing this battle either... :(  Played with it and tried to ensure having echoboy monstrum, repeater, some meldas and few more I don't need another delays... But...

They are so dirty... Just perfect match for guitars and adding something sounding not so polished if needed...  And insane with oscillators...

Tape thing is sounding kind of little metallic... Again perfect for guitars...

For those brave enough to test them, demo is letting to play 20 min per _plugin_session_ (can be removed and added again if needed more time to play) so fair and friendly opportunity to test.

• Like 1

OK - I purchased the Arturia Delays and Valhalla Delay at the same time - had a play with all of them yesterday - Valhalla is fabulous and I can see this being used a great deal  - what surprised me was how good the Arturia ones where as well in a different, almost subtle way - so basically they are both worth buying - I'm off to delay heaven now...or should I delay my departure?????

Nigel

• Haha 2

I downloaded the demos of all three and spent a few hours comparing them to all the delays I own, and with different kinds of sounds.  I even downloaded a demo of Fabfilter's Timeless, which I only own on the iPad to make my comparisons. 

When I demo effects I'm always looking to see if they do something that none of my existing effects do.  Most of the time they don't pass this test and I don't buy.

My feeling about delays is that any of them can make a thick synth sound or an overdriven guitar sound great, and do really weird stuff (Objeq Delay) but few of them can give you that lovely delay that is pristine and sounds something like a delay that thinks it's  first rate reverb.  So I always try them on an acoustic guitar.   This is very personal, but I'm always looking for it.  Usually to get the subtle effect I have to turn everything way down. All the presets on my delays are far from what I'm looking for. 

DELAY TAPE-201 is my new favorite delay.   I thought Timeless was the most beautiful delay, but now this is the one for me.   Maybe the reason I like this so much is that it is a delay-reverb hybrid.  It's so beautiful.  Transparent.  It can do more than that, but it is exactly the delay I've been looking for. 

DELAY ETERNITY - Unlike all the other Arturia synths and effects except for Pigments, this isn't a model of analog gear--it's an original design by Arturia.  I think it's incredibly good.  It can give you very subtle, reverb-like delays and also very wayout stuff, in the vein of some things Echoboy can do and D16's Sigmund.  This is a powerhouse tool. Like Pigments it is beautifully designed.

DELAY MEMORY-BRIGADE - Meh.   I would never be interested in this bundle if they sounded like this. Very ordinary.  The best thing I can say about it is that it is really easy to use.   But why would you ever use it?  The others are so much better.  My existing delays are better. 

But two out of three ain't bad.

FYI, the simple GUIs of these three don't tell the whole story of these delays.  If you click an arrow on the top right, lots more controls become visible below. And you then see that the presets couldn't be done without adjusting these hidden parameters.  So they aren't as simple to use as they appear at first glance.

I'm probably going to get these at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I downloaded the demos of all three and spent a few hours comparing them to all the delays I own, and with different kinds of sounds.  I even downloaded a demo of Fabfilter's Timeless, which I only own on the iPad to make my comparisons. 

When I demo effects I'm always looking to see if they do something that none of my existing effects do.  Most of the time they don't pass this test and I don't buy.

My feeling about delays is that any of them can make a thick synth sound or an overdriven guitar sound great, and do really weird stuff (Objeq Delay) but few of them can give you that lovely delay that is pristine and sounds something like a delay that thinks it's  first rate reverb.  So I always try them on an acoustic guitar.   This is very personal, but I'm always looking for it.  Usually to get the subtle effect I have to turn everything way down. All the presets on my delays are far from what I'm looking for. 

DELAY TAPE-201 is my new favorite delay.   I thought Timeless was the most beautiful delay, but now this is the one for me.   Maybe the reason I like this so much is that it is a delay-reverb hybrid.  It's so beautiful.  Transparent.  It can do more than that, but it is exactly the delay I've been looking for. 

DELAY ETERNITY - Unlike all the other Arturia synths and effects except for Pigments, this isn't a model of analog gear--it's an original design by Arturia.  I think it's incredibly good.  It can give you very subtle, reverb-like delays and also very wayout stuff, in the vein of some things Echoboy can do and D16's Sigmund.  This is a powerhouse tool. Like Pigments it is beautifully designed.

DELAY MEMORY-BRIGADE - Meh.   I would never be interested in this bundle if they sounded like this. Very ordinary.  The best thing I can say about it is that it is really easy to use.   But why would you ever use it?  The others are so much better.  My existing delays are better. 

But two out of three ain't bad.

FYI, the simple GUIs of these three don't tell the whole story of these delays.  If you click an arrow on the top right, lots more controls become visible below. And you then see that the presets couldn't be done without adjusting these hidden parameters.  So they aren't as simple to use as they appear at first glance.

I'm probably going to get these at some point. 

Be sure to try audiothing outerspace homie and report ;)  still didnt tried those lol

18 hours ago, Zo said:

Be sure to try audiothing outerspace homie and report ;)  still didnt tried those lol

I did download the OUTER SPACE demo and it's a nice model of the Roland Space Echo Re-201, just like the Arturia DELAY TAPE 201. 

If I had purchased OUTER SPACE before I think I would have been happy.  But now I've heard the  Arturia and I like it better.  I like the presets more and I like the way it sounds when I tweak presets. 

Even with the current 30% off sale, OUTER SPACE  is $48.30.  I can get all 3 Arturia plugins for $69.    So for me, the choice is easy.  I like DELAY ETERNITY a lot too.

I'm just debating whether I need this now or whether I should wait to buy them later. 

But again, my responses are very personal and I recommend people download the demos and decide for themselves.

On a related noted,  I compared the IK T-RackS Tape Echo (an Echoplex mod) to the Arturias, and it doesn't stand up.. Not a fair comparison, because they model different devices, but still, it's not a delay I would ever use.   And that's the only delay in T-RackS.  A serious omission IMHO. So I believe that in a future version of T-RackS, they may have a series of delays, perhaps a 201 and some digital delays.  So I may wait to see what is in T-RackS 6 is before I buy these.

Edited by Tiger The Frog