Arturia - Three Delays "You'll Actually Use"

husker

Was hoping to see ducking in the feature list, or did I miss something? That’s a must in my workflow so I’ll continue using Replica XT.  Beyond that it looks like they’ve done a good job with everything as usual.

Can Arturia add to their collection '3 work you actually need' to buy everything great presented this summer that anyway I would actually rarely use? 😕

Just after winning with one temptation another manufacturer is creating the next... Ech, so many great stuff  released, interesting deals, group buys etc...

I cannot believe I say it... But God bless PA for their new approach and offers. At least that direction is secured against my desire of new great things...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Can Arturia add to their collection '3 work you actually need' to buy everything great presented this summer that anyway I would actually rarely use? 😕

Just after winning with one temptation another manufacturer is creating the next... Ech, so many great stuff  released, interesting deals, group buys etc...

I cannot believe I say it... But God bless PA for their new approach and offers. At least that direction is secured against my desire of new great things...

Are you saying you went sub .? or you're disgusted by this whole "boulemia"

8 minutes ago, Zo said:

Are you saying you went sub .? or you're disgusted by this whole "boulemia"

No, no :)   Having just 1 sub from Slate (and happy with it ;) No plans for more.

But I feel overwhelmed by amount of deals and offers which I would  like to pick but no enough cash for everything and hard to pick... So I am happy I don't have fight with tempting offers from PA as there are no such offers :D

If nothing changes in few days (unexpected deal for mass) I would probably offer my 25$ voucher as no good option to use it.

• Like 1

mmm same here ....i just got myself Parallels , i was like wtf zo , you have omniusphere , uhe , arturia's ect ..... but in fact i never found myslef creating sounds !!! just starting from presets, this is the first time sound design is fun and actually fonctionning !! Limitation in the Noble sens of the terminology !!

So to get back at what you said , i too think reached a point where i know exactly what to get and what to get rid off or ignore .... and there's a lot , delay / springs is the only era where my go to's aren't that satisfying ....

When i comes to sound generation , i was testing Ana , Kilohearts , Pigments , Cypher 2 , Massive X ..alll are super deep and smahs parallels in price /features and capability , but guess what , mister Fun and madame Inspiration came in the equation .... and the light appeared ....

It 's like governements lol , lies are so big (they have to , so the truth is hard to cover now ) that even blind people start to wake up ... those marketing moves are pffff ....

I was actually looking at slate stuff (because PA is doing EDU stuff now also ...:())  and i was thinking that if i was a sound engineer that went sub to get FX as they get introduced and start to see synths , cours , content that i actually don't give a f......about i would be upset to keep paying lol 

• Like 1

I still have some PA upgrades available that, combined with my voucher, allow me to get some of their good plugins for $49 more or less. Personally, regarding PA, I set the max price I'd pay for anything from them at around $70. This was the price per plugin in their extinct Pick Pack that I was planning to get anyway.

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

My offer for this pack is $69 and I'll think about it but, to be honest, I already have plenty of delays in my work (pun intended 🙂).

29 minutes ago, Zo said:

So to get back at what you said , i too think reached a point where i know exactly what to get and what to get rid off or ignore .... and there's a lot , delay / springs is the only era where my go to's aren't that satisfying ....

So Delay TAPE-201 could be tempting for you as seems to have a little of both  ;)

About Slate, I could mislead a little with my hidden intention of emoticon (not to be full 100% against of any subs), not sarcastic :)

I really enjoy this one subs (it is economical and valuable for me) and will keep it but say no for any other subs from other manufacturers... So no plans for others.

Sorry my broken English can be so misleading.

36 minutes ago, Zo said:

mister Fun and madame Inspiration came in the equation

Gold sentence :) Like it :) 

It is proven many times the more we are researching, testing, buying, looking through deals the less we are developing music skills but that GAS bug :( 

And even worse, we are less and less creative. Instead of doing something using '3 plugins we already have' we start to need dedicated plugins for something which could be done using them and little ideas.

And maybe yellow plugin sounds different than green one. Probably yes,  but anybody is able to discover it in blind test? Well, anybody who is listening to music is caring about plugins? :)

6 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I still have some PA upgrades available that, combined with my voucher, allow me to get some of their good plugins for $49 more or less. Personally, regarding PA, I set the max price I'd pay for anything from them at around $70. This was the price per plugin in their extinct Pick Pack that I was planning to get anyway.

Unfortunately for EU citizens there is harder for good deal. I have some offers for $99 but using 25$voucher I can only neutralize VAT I would need to pay (+23%) :(

But well, maybe on BF PA will do something really tempting. We will see.

5 minutes ago, Piotr said:

So Delay TAPE-201 could be tempting for you as seems to have a little of both  ;)

About Slate, I could mislead a little with my hidden intention of emoticon (not to be full 100% against of any subs), not sarcastic :)

I really enjoy this one subs (it is economical and valuable for me) and will keep it but say no for any other subs from other manufacturers... So no plans for others.

Sorry my broken English can be so misleading.

Gold sentence :) Like it :) 

It is proven many times the more we are researching, testing, buying, looking through deals the less we are developing music skills but that GAS bug :( 

And even worse, we are less and less creative. Instead of doing something using '3 plugins we already have' we start to need dedicated plugins for something which could be done using them and little ideas.

And maybe yellow plugin sounds different than green one. Probably yes,  but anybody is able to discover it in blind test? Well, anybody who is listening to music is caring about plugins? :)

Exact , this is why i'm more into simple stuff dedicated to one thing instead of BIG systems (Izotope being a perfect exemple of what i don't like that much) 

Monoment Bass and Parallels , for me are the perfect exemple of a deep analysis from Softube , those guyz make modular , they know how to code (they don't propose other dev's synth in their sub lol ;) not intended to slate , just a way to say that they master eveyrthing and keep delivering top stuff) , same for  Console 1 , basically even if i need options , on personnal project i'm sually super simple and look for limitation as a stimulus for creativy !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joakim said:

Was hoping to see ducking in the feature list, or did I miss something? That’s a must in my workflow so I’ll continue using Replica XT.  Beyond that it looks like they’ve done a good job with everything as usual.

Actually, it does support ducking using the envelope follower. Damn it. 149 for all the 12 effects is very tempting

1 minute ago, Joakim Lundberg said:

Actually, it does support ducking using the envelope follower. Damn it. 149 for all the 12 effects is very tempting

But keep in mind that when you start buying collection '3 things You'll Actually Use' you will be tempted every few months with 3 reverbs, 3 eqs, 3 etc ;)

Is this a kind of hidden subs mechanism ? 😮

Just now, Piotr said:

But keep in mind that when you start buying collection '3 things You'll Actually Use' you will be tempted every few months with 3 reverbs, 3 eqs, 3 etc ;)

Is this a kind of hidden subs mechanism ? 😮

still a good deal , preamps are eq's also , comps are exellent and the filter are handy all those and you own them for the price of one year sub !!

17 minutes ago, Zo said:

still a good deal , preamps are eq's also , comps are exellent and the filter are handy all those and you own them for the price of one year sub !!

yup, I know... :)I got them and like them although their are not only 3 things I use ;)

Just scared by myself as I realized buying few new plugs from a  collection every few months is not so different than subscribing that collection ;)

Edited by Piotr