Frozen Vsti Data - Bug or Feature ?

Mark Morgon-Shaw

When you freeze a VSTi synth , if you move the resulting audio clip to another track you can't unfreeze the synth until you put it back where it came from.

I don't know if this is by design or a bug but I'm often browsing through patches and stumble across thigs that might be useful as a layer so being able to freeze it and drag it to another track for later is useful. I realise you can work around this by copying but it just seems a little strange to me how it works currently.

I would like to be able to move the audio clips created when freezing a track to wherever I choose without it stopping me unfreezing the synth. I think once the clip is moved from it's original position it should be free of it's parent midi data. You could leave a ghosted/muted midi clip behind in it's absence which would unmute again when unfrozen. 

Not sure I follow the request

Here is an example of moving the audio from a frozen instrument track and frozen audio+MIDI tracks that point to a synth, thawing the frozen tracks then starting the transport.

bh1Im5p.gif

Notice all tracks play OK.

Ok it's some sort of bug then as it doesn't happen that way with VSTi's I use

Once the frozen audioclip is moved the unfreeze does not function 

My screen recording won't upload so it's here in my Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l27ibpycrem6t6/Cakefreeze.gif?dl=0

TTS1 in a clean project functioned correctly as did Kontakt which displayed the issue in the project..I've certainly encountered it multiple times before.

Edited by CosmicDolphin