Windows Visual Effect Off

CW P

I'm struggle with audio glitch. I'm trying to do anything worth for PC performance.

When I adjust the appearance and performance of Windows, (like below picture) Some buffering of display of mouse curser occur in Cakewalk's track view.

Is there better setting for performance?

image.png.7c07c6b8a8a2ff23d28c9d28766efa14.png

It would be nice if you included something about the OS.  It looks like Windows 7? I run Windows 10 and have not done much about appearance except to go to a dark theme. If you have a display card installed and it is fairly powerful the look of the OS is not going to impact performance.  

My understanding from the distant past is that some display functions in Cakewalk, specifically the Now Time Cursor, depend on one or more of these settings to work properly. To avoid problems, I've always left this set to Best Appearance. I think it would be very unusual that graphics functions have any bearing on audio processing performance.

Unless you can identify a specific graphical event/condition that coincides with a glitch in audio processing, I would look elsewhere.

If you haven't yet checked DPC latency, that would be the place to start:

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

I'm using Win7 and I did every setup test.

image.png.9c6820cc487a0b9b19ce4c055414dfd7.png

This is what I experienced.

In my case, when I turned on 'Aero Peek' and 'Enable Desktop Compisition', Now Time Cursor moves very smooth (in normal way). Any other options didn't affect cakewalk's display.

Edited by CW P
  • Like 1