Suggestions On Lead Synth Sounds

Johnbee58

All great suggestions.  Thanks! I was playing around with Iris 2 the other day and I found a couple of presets that might be usable.  The problem is I'm really not a synth person but I'd like to learn more about programming.  My singing voice is failing me more with every project but I still need to create music.  Last year I paid $200.00 usd to buy Arturia's DX7 V and wanted to learn FM programming.  There was a really good site on that, but the guy stopped posting new vids.

😀JB

These two articles were the breakthrough for me in FM programming:

Great article on how to approach programming an FM patch by focusing on each element of the sound:
http://synthzone.com/midi/yamaha/dx7/prgrmdx7.pdf

This page explores how to use modulator frequency ratios to create square wave, sawtooth etc:

https://mgregory22.me/tx81z/fm_overview.html

• Like 1

KVRaudio.com

Just look for the free instrument tab on top. You have to get an account before you can download files. The account is free too. There are 63 pages and 20 free synths per page!

That should keep you busy for a couple of days 🙂

Look at the ratings - that should save you a few days!

• Like 1

This was mentioned briefly earlier, but do not underestimate FX chains on things you already own. The original z3ta+ has two dlls (one can be used as an audio FX), amp sim chains, ProChannel FX chains, et. al. If running through a synth, cutoff and resonance parameters will do a lot to a sound, even without diving into the guts of the rest. A starting sound may be fairly generic, but you can often tailor it to something rather useful with the proper FX chain behind it.

• Like 1