Outline (highlight) tracks belonging to specific busses

Misha

I don't know, maybe this is possible already...

I usually spread tracks of the project to ~4-5 busses. but since tracks are not added randomly (and busses assigned as I see fit) it takes a bit of time to locate which tracks are assigned to which busses at a later time in making.  It would be convenient to have an option at the Bus, to shows / highlight which tracks are going into it.   

Mark, thanks...

Not looking for workarounds. I would prefer it exactly as I described it.

P.S. To be fair, I tried the method you described quite a few times in the past, but it just doesn't fit my workflow well.

Edited by Misha

35 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If you change the color of the bus strip, all tracks which are connected to it will change to the same color.

Thanks, that would be ideal.  I've thought about that and actually tried it yesterday, didn't work for me maybe a glitch.  I will try on another project when I get back home.

5 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Assign track color to follow the bus.

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If you change the color of the bus strip, all tracks which are connected to it will change to the same color.

Both are useful, but...

If you have a set  of tracks that have custom colors set already, changing Bus color will not overwrite these colored tracks.  So you will still not know which Bus they belong to unless you expand and search individual tracks.

It seems the easiest way to solve my request is to have an option to force color selected at the bus to all related tracks, even if they have other colors set.

Edited by Misha

9 minutes ago, Misha said:

If you have a set  of tracks that have custom colors set already, changing Bus color will not overwrite these colored tracks.  So you will still not know which Bus they belong to unless you expand and search individual tracks.

image.png.505f06132332b83b7cbd6bb321126be8.png

"Follow Bus" is the default option unless you select default or other color. It's not ideal, but you'd have to set your busses before changing the color. Ideally, you'd have an option in the bus color dialog which forced all strips connected to the bus to be the same color as the bus itself.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 1

As a workaround, you can use t-shirt.

P.S. BTW There are plenty of 3rd party samplers free, cheap and great.  It would be "nice" for Cakewalk to have it, but there are choices. I think most fanboys/girls  (including me) would agree that workflow is one of the main jewels of Cakewalk.  I believe my request is valid in sense that it contributes to workflow with relatively minor add on. A "dialog which forced all strips connected to the bus to be the same color"

Edited by Misha

10 hours ago, Misha said:

I believe my request is valid in sense that it contributes to workflow with relatively minor add on. A "dialog which forced all strips connected to the bus to be the same color"

It just adds a needless layer of complexity. You can already choose at track level whether it's a custom colour or follows the bus. Anything further is superflous. 

You basically have 3 choices : Default/No colour, Track Colour, Follow Bus Colour :

If your workflow is such that you want to use a custom colour up to a certain point and then have it follow the bus colour all you need to do  is add the tracks to a Quick Group and choose Follow Bus and they will all instantly switch to the new colour. 

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

Hold ALT while selecting a bus.  All tracks that are routed to that bus will also be selected.

Thanks! ALT works beautifully!

I still like the idea of option at the bus, to force color of that bus to tracks that have other or no color selected belonging to that bus :)