What were your favorite recent deals?

Reid Rosefelt

36 minutes ago, Terence O'Shea said:

Well, looking at the software I have received for zilch since owning a Focusrite interface...

1. Addictive Keys
  2. Ujam Iron
  3. Ableton Live Lite
  4. Scarlett Plugin Suite
  5. Novation Bass Station
  6. Red Plugin Suite
  7. Softube Time and Tone (TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, Drawmer S73)
  8. Audiority
  9. Venomode DeeQ, Maximal 2 and Pivot
  10. Sonarworks for six months
  11. Mastering the Mix
  12. BIAS AMP 2 LE
  13. Exponential Audio R2 Reverb
  14. Flux Studio Session Analyzer
  15. D16 Syntorus
  16. BIAS FX LE 2
  17. NUGEN Audio Stereoizer Elements
  18. vielklang LE
  19. Accusonus Regroover Essential
  20. AAS Session bundle
  21. AudioThing Valve Filter, Valve Exciter and SR-88
  22. SoundRadix SurferEQ 2 Boogie
  23. D16 Sigmund Delay
  24. Eventide EQuivocate
  25. 2 x AAS Sound Packs

I bought the 2i4 for £90 and sold it for £70. So, for two years of use and all this software, it cost me £20. And I will get still more software.

Why the hate for Focusrite?

I,m also curious about the reason för batching focusrite.I'm using a saffire pro 40 för about 10 years without any flaw.

On 8/26/2019 at 8:38 AM, Mesh said:

I've been playing guitar for about 30 years and still suck at it, but I truly love playing the guitar. 

On 8/26/2019 at 8:55 AM, cclarry said:

Ditto....STRONG union!

Yah, you guys really suck at it. My ears tell me a different story.

• Haha 2

On the favorite recent discount topic there were many.  But favorite for me this summer was the Vengeance sale.  One example was that normally the Avenger expansion packs are around $70 each.    With the short-term 50% off sale, those became affordable.  But Sweetwater had 5 packs that were already at a bundle price as a discount, and at 50% off, the expansion packs became ridiculously affordable so I picked up 10.  But that just pulled me into looking more at the Vengeance products I didn't have yet, and there were several that I am super glad I could get due to that sale.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, Magic Russ said:

The one where you got a whole bunch of AAS expansion packs for $10 or so.

That one was fab! What was the company who did it? Also the MAGIX Humble Bundle that upgraded me to Vegas Pro Edit 15 with Sound Forge Audio Studio and DVD Architect and a couple of other titles tossed in all for $25 was pretty insane.

The Pluginboutique free-with-any-purchase deals are usually stellar, usually an iZotope Elements suite or  other top-notch plug-in or instrument. proximity eq+ was killer, and the current mix auditing program at least looks interesting.

But the best bang-for-the-buck in recent weeks was, of all things, I happened to be in the market for a good sampled drum VSTi and found out that Reverb.com had Sonivox' Blue Sky Drums on sale for $1. This turned out to be an excellent drum VSTi, and I don't mean "for the price." It's better than the same company's Session Drums, so if you've tried only that don't think they sound similar or have similar scope. Blue Jay has more kits available, and to my tastes, they sound better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

That one was fab! What was the company who did it? Also the MAGIX Humble Bundle that upgraded me to Vegas Pro Edit 15 with Sound Forge Audio Studio and DVD Architect and a couple of other titles tossed in all for $25 was pretty insane.

The Pluginboutique free-with-any-purchase deals are usually stellar, usually an iZotope Elements suite or  other top-notch plug-in or instrument. proximity eq+ was killer, and the current mix auditing program at least looks interesting.

But the best bang-for-the-buck in recent weeks was, of all things, I happened to be in the market for a good sampled drum VSTi and found out that Reverb.com had Sonivox' Blue Sky Drums on sale for $1. This turned out to be an excellent drum VSTi, and I don't mean "for the price." It's better than the same company's Session Drums, so if you've tried only that don't think they sound similar or have similar scope. Blue Jay has more kits available, and to my tastes, they sound better.

The have these right now https://reverb.com/uk/software/instruments/sonivox/370-sonivox-session-drums-1 and blue jay for same price but says "coming soon", my guess is they are rotating these? Idk.

On 9/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, Carlos said:

The have these right now https://reverb.com/uk/software/instruments/sonivox/370-sonivox-session-drums-1  and blue jay for same price but says "coming soon", my guess is they are rotating these? Idk.

I can only find Session Drums, which I found to be inferior. Session Drums has a bunch of electronic and highly processed sounds, which are useful, but I can do better with myriad drum machine plug-ins. Blue Jay instead has a lot of different acoustic kits, which is what I want from a sampled drum VSTi. I actually only wind up using a couple of them, but when the instrument has many to choose from, there's a greater chance that they'll suit my purpose.

When Melda had their 10 Sale, I happened to check bundle upgrades on my account. I think they recently added the MEssentialsFXBundle, and with the sale, the plugins I already owned, and a handful of credits, by upgrading to that bundle I got MTurboDelay and MLimiterX for like $9.  😁

Last week I logged in to the "Novation Plugin Collective" (because someone posted a Focusrite Collective thing message) and they are giving away Izotope Trash2 for FREE!  Woo hoo!