What were your favorite recent deals?

Reid Rosefelt

Hundred of great instruments and effects go up on this forum, with amazing discounts.

In the last month or two, what were the purchases you liked the most?

Not necessarily the best bargains, but the ones you really loved after you downloaded them and started playing?

This will be helpful for the rest of us when these deals come up again.

For me:

$50 or less

• Indiginus STEEL  So playable.   It's like Bohemian violin--just play and it sounds beautiful.  $49!
  • Korg M1  - Amazing to get so many great sounds made by master sound designers like John Lehmkuhl.  Old, but still good!
  • Band-in-a-Box Xtra Styles 7  $29!!   Working on a song with one of the styles now.
  • Audiofier/APD Riffendium bundle -  I worried I wouldn't like this because it was loops.  I love it.

More $$

• 8Dio Studio Sopranos - One of the most beautiful vocal libraries I own.
  • ProjectSAM Swing!  So much more than big band - I've used this on two projects already
  • iZotope Music Production Suite 2.1  -  With this and RX Standard, I feel pretty set up with iZotope for mixing, mastering and audio repair now.

How about you?  

Wow, it seems I really buy a lot of stuff.....  oh well, if it makes me happy. 🙂

• Great Idea 2

I picked up a refurbished 2nd generation Focusrite 18i8 with two year warranty and full software bundle from Focusrite direct for £149 with academic discount. I love the way the mixer remembers its settings even when it is off, so you can use it as a mixer even when not connected to a computer. I also found a USB powered SPDIF to dual RCA and 3.5mm jack converter (which also supports 96k) which gives me an additional two outputs for £5. I registered with another email address, so got another Addictive Keys, etc. Very pleased.

Really haven't bought anything that has me going 'Oh Yeah!!"

But I gotta give Izotope props for MP 2.1

The most fun prize has to be Amplitube 4 MAX  that I got with the Total Studio MAX back in November. Really loving that Leslie, the Fulltone Collection, and the Fender 2 collection. Those three are my favs right now. Also liking SampleTank 4. Using that with BiaB works really well.  Haven't even tried Miroslav with BiaB yet. But I will before too long.

I have just been going back to re-discover some of the older/new stuff I have. Like EZD2, EZK, JamStix, AAS synths, and writing more songs with them this year than I have in a long while.

Life is good. : )

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Any links for that?

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/product/scarlett-18i8-2nd-gen/MOSC0018DM~MOSC0018DM

You, or someone you know, can sign up for the discount with an educational email here, which gives a 25% discount.

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/student-discount-page

To be frank, it is a steal at £199, nevermind £149. Plugin Collective has been amazing for me with refurbished 2i4 for which I paid £89. I'm also lucky enough to own an old KS4, so getting Novation freebies too now.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

How are the drivers compared to the Octacapture on Win10? I might be tempted to switch interfaces. 

I haven't had any problems but that doesn't mean you won't. The 2nd Gen 18i8 is on the same driver and software schedule as the Gen 3, so should be supported for a good while.  New driver/software package came out in the last week. You can return to Focusrite if it doesn't work for you.

Download the 2nd Gen manual and have a look. If you plan to use at 96k or higher, you lose ADAT inputs (details in the manual). Worth knowing before buying. I'd say it is worth buying for the software bundle and Plugin Collective alone.