Can Banlab please give us some feedback on Dimension Pro and Z3TA+ 2

• 1 month later...

Honestly, at this point just get Kontakt.  Black Friday is almost here.

There are other really good Synths that are super cheap, as well.

So little communication on this.  It's like they decided to shut it all down after feasting from the initial hype.

Those tools are so old at this point.  They've been completely usurped by competitors, some really cheap.   They don't really matter, in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Some Guy
  • Like 1

Well Dimension Pro was already end of life after Cakewalk (under Gibson) released Rapture Pro. So if there was anything that BandLab would probably consider re-releasing it would be Rapture Pro, and maybe Z3TA+2.

But since the end of Cakewalk under Gibson, there has been intense global competition in the virtual instruments market. There are some very, very good related products going for free or for pennies on the dollar today. So a good businessman would need to weigh that against the potential development and support budget needed to re-launch these legacy products and consideration of the future market for them. It would probably please a few old guys, but not sure the younger generation would swarm over them if offered the opportunity.

Plus BandLab already gave us a huge gift with the resurrection of Cakewalk by BandLab.

I'm not saying impossible, but it could surely be a tough decision for them. And don't get me wrong, I love the legacy Cakewalk synths. Have them all except for Rapture Pro, which I would love to get my hands on! ;)

I guess we'll have to just be patient and wait and see. I like what they have been doing so far!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

I wonder how hard it would be to convert the Dimension Pro patches to Kontakt Player format

I don't know. But would probably be easier to work with SFZ file players because that is what Dimension Pro is based on.

Create Your Own Virtual Instruments with SFZ Files

https://www.keyboardmag.com/miscellaneous/create-your-own-virtual-instruments-with-sfz-files

On 10/17/2019 at 3:24 AM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

I wonder how hard it would be to convert the Dimension Pro patches to Kontakt Player format

I know I imported some banks of something into NI software.  This would have been around the time of Kontakt Player 4 or 5.  It was on an XP PC and they were either E-Mu banks or Cakewalk banks. Not sure I still have the HDD with those on my XP PC.  It would probably be quicker for you to do a conversion than for me to find out if I still have them.

UPDATE: The backup drive that had been on my XP PC is now on my Win 10 PC and it looks like the files I successfully converted to Kontakt *.nki files were from the E-Mu Protozoa CD.  I seem to remember that once I figure out how to do one set, the rest were easy.

If I also converted Cakewalk/rgc sound libraries, I haven't found them.

Edited by MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve)
to report updated info and edit my previous statement