Just made the switch to bandlab.....

Cary Sadler

Despite repeated vst scans, bandlab cakewalk only finds about half of my plugins that I’ve been using with Sonor x3 producer. Including my I loked Steven slate trigger 2. Can anyone help me out?  I’m no pc genius, I don’t know where to start looking for them. Thanks

32bit makes a big difference.

Some 32bit DX plug-ins bundled with X3 were never ported to 64bit,

Make sure 64bit plug-ins are installed when possible. This means it is necessary to run the 64bit X3 installer to get all the 64bit version of plug-ins bundled with X3 installed. It is not necessary to install X3 though. Choose the advanced install option and install the plug-ins only.

Avoid using 32bit plug-ins when a manufacturer also supplies a 64bit version.

If X3 was running as administrator, chances are CbB will need to run as administrator.

Scook, thanks for that. I’ll try it. Would I want to uninstall the old Sonar first? The only Sonar plugin I really care about is the channel tools time alignment. I also really need my T - racks bundle , addictive drums/keys and trigger 2 drums.... I think I’m just gonna call Sweetwater and go with protools  today. This is so depressing. But I can splice 2” tape like a muthaf......!

Edited by Cary Sadler

If a Log is created, the path is in the toast when the scan completes. Like this

9ONO4B3.png

That said, since this is a platform change, the log is a secondary issue.

There is no reason to remove the old 32bit X3. In fact, it is a good idea to leave it as moving the CbB is likely the first 64bit transition. Along with anything from X3 that may be needed, all of

7 minutes ago, Cary Sadler said:

T - racks bundle , addictive drums/keys and trigger 2 drums....

need their 64bit versions installed. It is not a good idea to use 32bit plug-ins when a 64bit version is available.