Big Fish Audio

Brian Cadoret

Hi,

When I had Cakewalk Artist installed I'm sure I was using the Big Fish Audio downloads from my Cakewalk account.

Now I'm using Cakewalk by BandLab the Big Fish Audio will not install saying I have the wrong version.

Will Big Fish Audio work with CbB or is it a no go.

Thanks

Brian

I received the Big Fish download as an add-on with Sonar Home Studio.  I just tried some of the loops in the 2019.07 release of Cakewalk by Bandlab and they worked fine for me.

As an aside, the loops can be downloaded direct from Big Fish Audio.  The Sonar download is a combined download of the six, free loop sample packs.  Here is a link from Big Fish:  https://www.bigfishaudio.com/free-loops.html

At first glance, they seem to overlap with the ones I downloaded from the Cakewalk Command Center, with the exception of the KLI set (for non-free Kontakt users--which might have been there, but I didn't download--not sure).

If anyone compares the currently-offered free content with what came from the Cakewalk, I'd be interested.

Thanks for raising the question in the first place, thanks for pointing out the current availability, and thanks for anything anyone else might contribute about the Big Fish content. 

image.png.7a6833f02c3573e99a33719abcedb68f.png

PS: I can confirm the loops showed up in my Media Browser and seem to drop right into tracks in the new and improved Cakewalk.  Per scook's comment: I probably unpacked them (in X3) when I got them and I still have 8.5 and X3 on my PC; so, maybe the unpacked content I have were picked up automatically when I installed Cakewalk by BandLab last month. Perhaps the currently free ones are not keyed into a prior Sonar installation.

Edited by MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve)
grammatical change

I have downloaded the Cakewalk version of Big Fish Audio Cinematic packs and the free Big Fish Audio Cinematic demo packs.

Can confirm the Cakewalk and Big Fish Audio are different packs so I assume the other sets will be the same.

Cakewalk has Ambient Guitars packs 1,2,3 and Street Percussion NYC packs 1,11,23

Big Fish Audio has Eclipse 2 packs 1,4,7 and Suspense Percussion packs 6,10 

• Like 1