Problem with the Staff View Right Click Panel Functions

I’m not quite sure if this is the right place to post this, as I was initially in search of the technical assistance forum category.

I have just recently made the migration to the new cakewalk bandlab.

I am wondering if it is just me or if anyone else has problems with their right click pane in the staff view.

Any highlighted notes do not stay highlighted whenever I right click in an empty area near the staff region, which consequently renders most of the options in the right click pane void.

It’s no secret that the functionality of what was once considered one of the best staff-editors in a daw had incrementally deteriorated with “updates and fixes” during the sonar-X era. I just wish to confirm if my essentially useless process pane is a newly added feature since I did not see anything about it in the update notes.

What I do is left-click to highlight, then do whatever operation I need to do. For example, to change the velocity of several notes, I left-click to select the notes (while holding the shift key down, unless they're all in a line), then I hit V on my keyboard (which I have set up as a shortcut for velocity), then make the change. Same for length.  I haven't experienced the problem you're talking about.

Edited by mdiemer
  • Like 1

I generally use keyboard shortcuts in lieu of the context menu as well. But this issue renders the context menu mostly useless (everything that depends on selection gets grayed out), and should definitely be fixed. In the process of checking it, I re-discovered that it affects the PRV and inline PRV as well. I think the problem in that context goes back many years (maybe to X1 when Skylight was first implemented). I had totally forgotten about it because I use keyboard shortcuts.

18 hours ago, lacrimosa said:

Any highlighted notes do not stay highlighted whenever I right click in an empty area near the staff region, which consequently renders most of the options in the right click pane void.

Use Shift-Right click.  Don't move the cursor so far away that it turns into an arrow (it should be a pencil). Cntrl-Right click also works.

edited to add:

I think this is  broken. It should work with just the right click.

Edited by Base 57
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Base 57 said:

Use Shift-Right click.  Don't move the cursor so far away that it turns into an arrow (it should be a pencil). Cntrl-Right click also works.

edited to add:

I think this is  broken. It should work with just the right click.

Thanks alot Base 57. The Shift/Ctrl option works for me as well.  Definitely hope the problem eventually gets looked into by the devs.  I'll try my best to adjust to the alternative method.

True David Baay, I'm at a huge loss as it pertains to the cause of the error. The function worked well when Sonar Platinum brand was at its conclusion. I initially hypothesized the problem occurring during the major update. However I could be wrong as this is my very first Band-lab experience since the Sonar X era.

On 8/21/2019 at 5:54 PM, lacrimosa said:

I’m not quite sure if this is the right place to post this, as I was initially in search of the technical assistance forum category.

I have just recently made the migration to the new cakewalk bandlab.

I am wondering if it is just me or if anyone else has problems with their right click pane in the staff view.

It’s no secret that the functionality of what was once considered one of the best staff-editors in a daw had incrementally deteriorated with “updates and fixes” during the sonar-X era. I just wish to confirm if my essentially useless process pane is a newly added feature since I did not see anything about it in the update notes.

This has been an issue for me.  But  I just kind of mumbled and cursed about it to myself!  I wondered what happened or when it stopped working the way it did in Sonar Platinum.  Since the transpose option in the right clip pane was what I used most I programed a button on my Countour ShuttlePro2 with the Transpose shortcut.   With that I am able to click on a clip to highlight notes or select the notes on screen and hit the button to bring up the transpose options and the highlighted notes stay selected.    I would like it restored to how it used to be.   I am glad that somebody is bringing it up here on this forum.