I regret rubbing ketchup in my eyes ...

SteveStrummerUK

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Salt is over. Apparently Smalt is the future.....

Let me see if I understand this: instead of taking a 'dumb' salt shaker in one hand and shaking it over your food; you can now hold a smalt in one hand, and a smartphone in the other hand, and you can shake your smartphone to make the smalt dispense salt onto your food. <sarcasm> I can really see how this makes things easier </sarcasm>

4 minutes ago, antler said:

Let me see if I understand this: instead of taking a 'dumb' salt shaker in one hand and shaking it over your food; you can now hold a smalt in one hand, and a smartphone in the other hand, and you can shake your smartphone to make the smalt dispense salt onto your food. <sarcasm> I can really see how this makes things easier </sarcasm>

The role of the "dumb salt shaker" has obviously been transferred. 😆

3 minutes ago, antler said:

I'm glad that you have smelt the smelling salt and see how much progress this is😏

I've got an idea that I think will be really popular: a fridge, but with a door that's completely flush with no handle; it might have some mood lighting - it will look amazing. To open the door, you simply touch the button on the corresponding smartphone app.

25 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

chive yam parsley beet tat soi cucumber rutabaga okra thyme

11 minutes ago, Bapu said:

These a few of Bill's favorite things

Which S.L.I.P. will somehow turn into a $ex party reference! 😆

Edited by craigb
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, antler said:

If that isn't easy enough for you, then you can purchase a Smart Oven that can burn down your house for you thanks to its interactive app!

Smart ovens have been turning on overnight and preheating to 400 degrees

At least three smart June Ovens have turned on in the middle of the night and heated up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. The ovens’ owners aren’t sure why this happened, and June tells The Verge that user error is at fault.

The June Oven debuted in 2015 as a $1,495 countertop oven* that uses a camera and computer vision to identify food that’s been placed inside. The company raised nearly $30 million in funding and released its second-generation version in 2018 for $599. It’s billed as “seven appliances in one”: an air fryer, dehydrator, slow cooker, broiler, toaster, warming drawer, and convection countertop oven. It also pairs with an app that allows people to choose their temperature and cooking settings, as well as live stream their food as it cooks thanks to the built-in camera.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/14/20802774/june-smart-oven-remote-preheat-update-user-error

*That's what us old folks called a toaster oven that you can get at Walmart for $30

The Family Hub's vegetable peeler cameras are getting an intelligence boost, thanks to a new feature called peel while you sleep. Siri voice controls will soon be able to distinguish between different vegetables. No longer will your iPhone mistake a carrot for a rutabaga. Activate vacation mode on your iPhone and you'll be able to peel a vegetable anywhere using the SmartThinQ® app. 

Edited by S.L.I.P.