Working out the guitar lead of "Together As One"

Øyvind Skald

Many (just you) might think I am a exelent guitar player because of my beautiful hair and beard, but I must disappoint you. My beautiful hair and beard can’t play guitar. I must train my finger as you do, and its hard. But for your pleasure (yeah you) I put up a link to my training of playing the lead to the song “Together As One” by Stryper. I did record it with Beepster before, with female vocal on it. But then it was in F major. Now I have it in the original D major, and I don’t care about putting in the female vocal and tune that down. So, I don’t have vocal yet. I might work on a vocal part myself sometime in the future. But I need to train for a long time to do so. And of course. The lead guitar is recorded whit old strings, and I am not satisfied with the vibratos I do. This is just a test of how I am at the moment on the "Learning to play the lead". And of course. I trained the lead and found out that there is 2 versions of the TABs online. And I think they are both wrong. So, I have used the notes I guess are right from each and tried to figure out the rest. So, if you, wonderful people have any critique of wrong notes, just speak out. Thank you in advance.

Mind you, this is not my beard talking.

https://soundcloud.com/oyvind-skald/together-as-one-217-stryper-cover

Edited by ØSkald

Hi ØSkald,

I'd say you did an excellent job! I don't know the song and haven't dissected it in detail but just A/B 'ing between your track and the version I found closest on YouTube it's pretty close. Cool solo and some nice harmony guitars. 

For anyone else listening the solo starts at about 2m 40s and I compared it to this version on YouTube (is this a good one to use  ØSkald?) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWyBO7DSXwA

12 hours ago, ZincT said:

Hi ØSkald,

I'd say you did an excellent job! I don't know the song and haven't dissected it in detail but just A/B 'ing between your track and the version I found closest on YouTube it's pretty close. Cool solo and some nice harmony guitars. 

For anyone else listening the solo starts at about 2m 40s and I compared it to this version on YouTube (is this a good one to use  ØSkald?) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWyBO7DSXwA

Yeah. Thats the tune.

And thank you!

You muck around a lot ( had some to&fro on the old cake site LOL)  but you have put a lot of hard work into this as with all your stuff, I love it lots, great post!( I think underselling yourself is, also, one of your traits )

Best Regards

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPAK said:

You muck around a lot ( had some to&fro on the old cake site LOL)  but you have put a lot of hard work into this as with all your stuff, I love it lots, great post!( I think underselling yourself is, also, one of your traits )

Best Regards

Steve 

Thanks