Coming Soon from IK!!!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Grem said:

If you got 30 Jam points, you can by 100 gear credits for $69. Then use those 100 gear credits you just bought to get Brian May Collection. So you only pay$69 for it. That's cheaper than $80!!

That's what I did. That's why I said I wasn't going to wait on this one!! The way I see it, it's still on sale!! : ) 

That was the plan but I don't *need* it for the moment so might just wait for a sale and do that so I only need to buy 25 gear credits  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TerraSin said:

just wait for a sale

That's what I did and am doing for the MODO series. I just got MODO Bass recently, and am waiting for MODO Drums to go on sale. That may take a year or more!! 

I didn't want to wait on this Brian May deal though.

9 hours ago, Grem said:

If you got 30 Jam points, you can by 100 gear credits for $69. Then use those 100 gear credits you just bought to get Brian May Collection. So you only pay$69 for it. That's cheaper than $80!!

That's what I did. That's why I said I wasn't going to wait on this one!! The way I see it, it's still on sale!! : ) 

Great idea Grem!

I have 25 GCs already so I can buy 75 GCs with max jampoints and together with my existing GCs (and VAT) Brian May works out at around 58 GBP!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mesh said:

How does it sound?

Just quickly ran through the presets and most are instantly recognizable. I have only tried it with my default guitar (USA Tele) which sounds surprisingly good considering how unique Mr May's guitar is. It will also be interesting to try out all of the included BM effects pedals and use the presets on a version of Fat B G that I'm working on.

17 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Just quickly ran through the presets and most are instantly recognizable. I have only tried it with my default guitar (USA Tele) which sounds surprisingly good considering how unique Mr May's guitar is. It will also be interesting to try out all of the included BM effects pedals and use the presets on a version of Fat B G that I'm working on.

Excellent ZT!! I've never tried to get his tone(s) as he uses so many effects, but do like all his work. Always liked Fat B G....oh yeah, the song too. :D

You definitely have to post your version!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grem said:

That's what I did and am doing for the MODO series. I just got MODO Bass recently, and am waiting for MODO Drums to go on sale. That may take a year or more!! 

I didn't want to wait on this Brian May deal though.

What's the actual deal though? I seem to be missing that part and trying to figure that out. I have Jam Points I can use but can't I use those at any time to buy the gear credits at discount or is it limited time?

8 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

What's the actual deal though? I seem to be missing that part and trying to figure that out. I have Jam Points I can use but can't I use those at any time to buy the gear credits at discount or is it limited time?

You can use them any time...and it doesn't show the $99.99 price as an "Intro"
price...but IK is subject to change without notice...or reason...or logic...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

You can use them any time...and it doesn't show the $99.99 price as an "Intro"
price...but IK is subject to change without notice...or reason...or logic...

Aha, gotcha. That's what I thought and kinda why I wanted to wait on it. Especially if I end up jumping in the group buy since I'll end up getting Amplitube 4 as my purchase.

Yes, like Larry points out, this may be or may be not an intro price. It could go up just like the other collections to $149. I thought this was understood. Sorry about that.

And because it is $99, and with Jam points to lower the cost of getting 100 Gear Credits in the Custom Shop to $69 instead of $99, you can use the Gear Credits (which is a little unusual for a new product)  to buy Brian May Collection.  I am looking at it as it's on sale. : )

And that's how I justified that purchase!! 🤣

• Like 1

This isn't an intro price, nor do we forego logic for any changes we do make (we don't pump up prices before a promotion just to lower it more drastically as some may do, for example).  Note that promotions, emails,  etc will state the following as errors do sometimes occur:

All purchases from the IK online store are subject to VAT in the EU and may vary by country. Although IK strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. IK reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability and product descriptions, at any time without notice.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes, like Larry points out, this may be or may be not an intro price. It could go up just like the other collections to $149. I thought this was understood. Sorry about that.

And because it is $99, and with Jam points to lower the cost of getting 100 Gear Credits in the Custom Shop to $69 instead of $99, you can use the Gear Credits (which is a little unusual for a new product)  to buy Brian May Collection.  I am looking at it as it's on sale. : )

And that's how I justified that purchase!! 🤣

Ahh, I saw all the others at $99 in the group buy which is why I was confused.

Edited by TerraSin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

(we don't pump up prices before a promotion just to lower it more drastically as some may do, for example).

I haven't seen IK do this. Which is a very good thing too!! We'd notice that for sure!: )

IK has been pretty much above board in all cases.

All except for keeping Larry in the ne-ga-tive in JamPoints for the rest of his life may be a bit over the top!! 

JK : )