Made With Cakewalk content submissions

Noel Borthwick

Hi folks,

BandLab is going to have a big presence at NAMM this year and Cakewalk has a dedicated booth where we'll be showcasing the product and new features.

Generally for product demos, we have a few real world projects on hand that we use to show various features. I have a few projects that I had set up for the AES show but need a few more for variety. We'd like to put out a call to anyone who would like to have their project showcased as part of our materials. In the future we can also consider using some of these for downloadable demo songs (all with permission of course)

To kick this off: If you have some great sounding projects that were produced primarily in CbB and showcases the application please post a link to the music in this thread with maybe a screenshot of the loaded project if possible. An easy way would be to publish a mix of your project to BandLab and embed the BandLab link. (click the bandlab icon on the toolbar in the post editor to embed)

Important: We need a project file for a submission so please don't list songs that you cannot submit as a project. Also if you list something from a collection / album please indicate which song you would like to be considered. We won't have time to listen to albums and pick something appropriate. 

Requirements:

- Since everything will be played from a Surface Book 2 with generally stock plugins (SONAR plugins are ok) tracks using 3rd party plugins would need to be frozen.

- We're looking for some diverse material so things like modern electronic music, film scores, jazz, contemporary rock/pop are all viable.

- Project's that showcase certain types of features would also be useful. e.g vocal comping, multi tracked drums, vocalsync, melodyne, advanced mixing, etc.

- You must have rights to share the music and may need to sign a release form 

- If accepted projects will need to be uploaded to a shared folder 

For NAMM we just need a few more projects but feel free to submit any candidates since they might be considered for other uses as well.

Time is short so we'll need these by mid next week to get prepped.

thanks!

• Like 2

The "Joie de Vivre" album was made in Sonar/CbB except for the song "Because You Matter." Maybe "Lilianna" would be a good choice, it's English/Spanish. (FWIW Waves used "To Say No Would Be a Crime" as demo material at AES.) In the "Neo-" album, "Maladie Du Coeur" is sort of Caribbean/Afropop music and sung in French, so it could add a somewhat international vibe. "Neo-" also has some heavy rock. The "Simplicity" album is more about acoustic instruments, songwriting, short songs - it's simpler. Just drop the cursor on the timeline and let me know if there's anything you want :)

Both of these albums were made exclusively in Sonar.

This is my latest track. Friends say it sounds like 80's electronic pop - and this is exactly what it should be like.

The song is completely produced with CbB. All music except the two vocal tracks is produced with several vst plug-ins. It consists of 33 tracks in total. Mastering is done with cakewalk plug-ins only. I can perform the song live (vocals, keyboard parts) with all effects and mastering with 64 samples buffer low latency settings...(and we already did this!):

Kind regards, Peter

20190110_222914.jpg

Edited by Peter Mangold
Bandlab embedded link used.

34 minutes ago, Peter Mangold said:

This is my latest track. Friends say it sounds like 80's electronic pop - and this is exactly what it should be like.

The song is completely produced with CbB. All music except the two vocal tracks is produced with several vst plug-ins. It consists of 33 tracks in total. Mastering is done with cakewalk plug-ins only. I can perform the song live (vocals, keyboard parts) with all effects and mastering with 64bit buffer low latency settings...(and we already did this!):

https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/cb67b5ef-4401-e911-9f2a-00155d77cb96

Kind regards, Peter

20190110_222914.jpg

Brings back memories of being in dance bars in the late 80's.

Thanks man for having me realize how old I am

• Like 1

Happy to have this one (or parts of) included:

25+ minutes long. and stuff ranging from AOR piano ballads to melodic rock, to orchestrated film score sections and up to extreme metal, mutitracked live drums on a big kit, actors, dozens of vocal and guitar tracks... it actually had to be split over 5 different projects and then comped together in a master project because it was so tough to manage! 🤨

Getting the CbB project(s) of this would be tricky at this stage, though - my machine has gone through a rebuild a couple of times and a lot of the plugins I used on this have long since been replaced or retired but I can probably get some screenshots of the project itself.

The other one that might be interesting is this: 

This was a clip I shot for an extreme metal band that I work with, but we ended up filming all of the concept footage so it made sense in the edit. When it came time to cut it all down, it felt like a shame to drop 50% of the clip, so I decided to do a movie score version. Again, this had to be split over 8 different projects so I could score it to the video, and then brought together in a master comp project. From memory, Rapture Pro was what got the biggest workout on this, with a few other cinematic booms and fun things like that.

All good if this can't be used without the original project files, but if this is workable, I'm happy to include them! 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi guys if you are posting BandLab links please use the BandLab embed button on the toolbar to embed the link rather than pasting the link directly. It makes it much easier to check.

Noel,

an honest answer: I tried to find it but... How does it look like and which toolbar?

Regards, Peter

12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

toolbar.PNG

Click the BandLab icon on the toolbar when editing a post. That allows you to embed the URL to the BandLab song.

Solved! (see my update)

The problem is that you do not have this icon if you use the forum on your android smartphone (as I do).

The toolbar in the smartphone browser has less functionality as the one on the windows pc.
So, this turns into a feature request...😏

Screenshot_20190112-094624_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Peter Mangold

• Jesse Jost unfeatured and unpinned this topic