Windows 10 Default Media Player Settings

Neil Cummins

Hi Forum,

I may not be alone in noticing that the default Windows 10 Media Player seems to drive a coach and horses through any of the finely-crafted mixes and masters  from my CbB,notably with excessive emphasis of bass frequencies and gratuitous amounts of uncommanded reverb.

I have no enhancements,environments or spatial effects ticked in my soundcard settings or Windows sound options,so can any of the more Windows orientated experts out there please offer any advice on how this may be modified so that the sound of the original mix from CbB and mastered through TRacks can be achieved?

Or is the codec set etc fixed?

I know that it is a fair test of any mix to see how it stands up in different environments,but(probably due to audio engineering amateurism)the negative impact is quite noticeable and an incoherent result.

Do any other media players afford a response that give better similarity to the mix as played back through CbB?

Regards,

Neil

UK

The solution was hidden away in the Dell Audio app,which discreetly hides in the background adding spatial sounds and room effects.

So for anyone else who may be a Dell owner and finding playback of their CbB mixes sounds totally out of whack compared to how they sound inside the DAW,this is the panel for you.

• Thanks 1