Melodyne Expired? Download fix.

Tenfoot

Just a quick heads up for anyone using Melodyne 4.22. I opened Melodyne Editor this morning and it said "program expired - contact Celemony". This is a bug in the current version on certain systems. Celemony have already posted a fix. Log into your account and download 4.23.

Edited by Tenfoot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I got the email from Melodyne--so I was prepared to see the error when I did. Unfortunately, for some reason, when I double click the downloaded zip file there is a momentary flash, and then nothing. Trying to manually unzip the file produces no uncompressed installer either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Celemony create the zip file on demand, so that it includes your current license file. They were under heavy load when I went to download the update. It's possible that that backend zip-build borked. Have you tried to d/l it again, with the same result? You got a bad zip file.

8 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Had it happen to me, too. My first thought was to re-download it because there had been one of the dreaded Windows update (which blue screened my computer, thank God for System Restore and the ability to postpone updates), and as mentioned, downloading the new version fixed the issue.

Craig, I hate say this - but I'm so glad you had a Blue Screen.... only because I had one as well after one of the updates.... and I thought it was ALL MY FAULT.   A restore point saved my butt as well. Today another update tug and I pretty much ignored it. I'm still on a win 7 system though. The new Celemony download for 4.2.3 and all is well.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, John Maar said:

Celemony create the zip file on demand, so that it includes your current license file. They were under heavy load when I went to download the update. It's possible that that backend zip-build borked. Have you tried to d/l it again, with the same result? You got a bad zip file.

I did try twice in a row, so I'll try again now that I've waited and hope it works now.

Just double-click the zip file is what it says on the Celemony site, right? No iLok interaction needed for the patch?

Thanks