Improve freezing treatment

Rogério

I have been using Cakewalk for over 20 years, and one thing that I feel has never changed is the inability to save the project when there is an application freeze.
In fact, in some (few) cases, CbB can display a window warning that a crash has occurred and will save the current state of the project before closing. But this is very rare. The most common is CbB freezing and NOT ALLOWING TO SAVE THE CURRENT PROJECT STATUS.

I know this is a complex matter and it usually has to do with the plugins that are currently being used and that CbB is not to blame for that, but ultimately it is CbB that freezes and the main problem is: everything that was done (before the rescue) is lost.

Knowing this old problem, I scheduled automatic backups every 10 minutes and always have the habit of making a manual save during work (always keeping 4 temporary copies), and every time there is a freeze, I lose a maximum of 10 minutes of work.
Even so, sometimes within 10 minutes, a lot is lost, especially when talking about MIDI.

So I beg the bakers to improve this process, at least trying to save the project somehow when a freeze is detected.

I know this is technically possible.

Greetings @Rogério Dec,

I agree a lot can change in 10 minutes.  Plus the back ups can suck up a lot of storage space over time.  I have a link in my signature to a post chief developer Noel Bortwick created addressing how to collect information when something like this occurs.  I urge you to read the post and create a mini dump file and provide it to the development team.  There really isn't a better way for them to obtain the information they need to develop a fix.  The information helps them fix your issue which helps all of us.

• Great Idea 1