MODO Drum VST3 Issues

So I join with other users here who have experienced the crashing when inserting the MODO Drum VST3 Into a project. The screenshots and explanations all have a similar ring to them. I am wondering if we could use this thread to help share info that might help narrow things down?

Of course the first thing you need to do is submit a ticket to IK Multimedia Support as I have done so they can have all the information as well to fix the issue.

What I have observed so far is that there is NOT an issue using the VST2 version of MODO Drum.

Here are a few scenarios I have tried and the result:

MODO Drum VST3 Loads

* NEW PROJECT - YES

* PREVIOUS MIDI ONLY PROJECT - YES

* PROJECT CONTAINING BOTH AUDIO AND MIDI - NO

I hope this is helpful as MODO Drum has some really wonderful potential. Until it gets sorted I will use the   VST2.

Hi all,

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that you load this with another DAW (better yet, more than one additional one) to ensure that it's not the DAW.  Many DAWs out there still have problems with VST3 implementations of various plugins.  The fact that some VST3s work fine in a particular DAW should not be interpreted as conclusive evidence that the DAW is not at fault here.  As an example, the latest release of Samplitude Pro X4 Suite has numerous problems with certain VST3s, including some that I have written, but also including SampleTank 4.  It works fine with others, and the VST2 versions work fine.  Another example is Waveform 9 which had problems with certain VST3s, including AGain, the example VST3 plugin from Steinberg.  Waveform 10 appears to have fixed this one.  Mixcraft Pro Studio 8.1 also had problems with AGain VST3, and I believe that the current release still does.

Regards,

Dave Clark

Edited by DaveClark
  • Like 1

Hi All,

We just wanted to chime in here with some information for anyone experiencing issues or looking into MODO DRUM.

First off, we've reported this to our development team to see if there is anything we can do from our end. Stay tuned for future updates in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account.

Now, I do want to point out that this crash seems to only occur to some users and only with the VST3 instance inside of Cakewalk -Bandlab. Other DAWs are not experiencing this issue. Any users who are experiencing issues related to their VST3 instance can switch to the VST2 instance to avoid any issues in the meantime.

To enable VST2 plug-ins in Cakewalk - Bandlab, use the Preferences to disable the setting "Hide related VST2 Plug-ins" as well as "Replace if Possible on Project Load". These settings are found under the File -> VST Settings -> VST 3 Migration.  Next, you may need to add in your VST2 plug-in folder. Here is a screen shot of my window.

image.png.9766325da0572ecf4b8b4d7b79c9f1ef.png

Note* As Simeon has pointed out elsewhere, you can also simply delete the VST3 plug-in instance or move it from it's current location. The default path for Windows users will be the Program Files\Common Files\VST3 folder.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1