Billies shuffle, Bandlab recording

RikF

Hey Kenny, thanks for listening,if to much reverb was the only problem with this piece I’d be golden 😋 I’m a few working fingers short to get this how it should sounds. I like the intro and outro 😋

The guitar is my new James Neligan Dreadnought with a riversong neck, adjustable neck, super low action. Plugged in to a Zoom ac-2 recorded in Bandlab on a Ipad.

Rik

I had several of Will Ackermann's Windham Hill albums in the 80s and 90s.  He made it look easy.  I was considering pursuing this kind of music back then, but it never happened (long story).  You did a fabulous job on this.  I'd love to hear what you could do with "Remedios" and Processional".  Bet you could do them equally as well.  It's astonishing how much can be done with just acoustic guitar.

🙂John B

EDIT-Did you ever hear of a guy named Michael Hedges?  That guy (unfortunately passed on😞) was out of this world.  He could do things on an acoustic that weren't heard of then.

Edited by Johnbee58

10 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

I had several of Will Ackermann's Windham Hill albums in the 80s and 90s.  He made it look easy.  I was considering pursuing this kind of music back then, but it never happened (long story).  You did a fabulous job on this.  I'd love to hear what you could do with "Remedios" and Processional".  Bet you could do them equally as well.  It's astonishing how much can be done with just acoustic guitar.

🙂John B

EDIT-Did you ever hear of a guy named Michael Hedges?  That guy (unfortunately passed on😞) was out of this world.  He could do things on an acoustic that weren't heard of then.

Hey John, thanks for listening. I loved Windham Hill, that label got me to change from electric to acoustic guitar !

I’m a fully payed up member of the Michael Hedges fan club 😉. Huge loss ! If I had more working fingers I’d try to play more of those Windham Hill guys, I also liked Alex Degrassi ,a lot.

Rik

• Like 1

Great playing and production . I really liked the pristine highs in your mix.  I did think the low root notes were a little overpowering. (may have been my headphones) . I googled your new guitar and noticed it didn't normally have a pickup. Did you add one or using mic(s).   Do you think the ad-2 was responsible for most of the great guitar tone ?  I've been looking at new preamps ....         Enjoyed it .     mark

Hey Mark, thanks for listening. This guitar has a Fishman sonitone, with a battery box and output jack on the lower bout. The controls are hidden inside the soundport on the side of the guitar.

The zoom ac-2 is a fantastic little box with lots of room for experimentation.

There’s way to much bass drone on this due to the fact that I don’t have good nails anymore because of chemotherapy drugs. I should have played with a thumbpick and dampened the low D. This was just a one take deal to test out Bandlab, if there’s a next time I’ll do better 😋

Rik

On 8/21/2019 at 11:40 AM, RikF said:

This was just a one take deal

Quite impressive at that. You keep strumming, sounds great to me. As I am listening I am trying to figure out how you used only two fingers!! Good work. : )

Hey Grem, thanks for listening, it’s all in the tuning. Open c with a capo on the second fret, melody is almost entirely on the first string and a barre here and there plus one finger for the melody.😜

Rik

• Like 1

Rik
You posted a Django song a while ago and mentioned his finger injuries. Didn't know that you too have those issues and despite that you play really well!
Excellent sound!

I have this pattern of learning the guitar and then quitting, then starting over again 15 years later. So I restarted again a couple of months ago and it's coming along. My goal is to play Creole Bell like how Mississippi John Hurt played it.  Listening to you and all the other great players around here is an inspiration.

Hey Bjorn, thanks, soloing with two fingers isn’t that much of a problem, I’ve got used to it. Sometimes I still want to play some fingerpicking. An open tuning helps a lot. I can always play slide if it gets worse 😜

Fun tune, creole belle, it’s pretty simple to play with the left hand ,the right hand is just a pattern you have to practice over and over and over. 😜

Rik