Tools module icons change after 2019.07 [SOLVED]

James Argo

Happens only in my secondary DAW.
My Primary DAW (which I use daily) kept the Stars icons after updated.

If I go Preferences --> Customization --> Themes, all theme samples reflect different icons.
I mean, updated CbB in Primary DAW has star in sample theme. Updated CbB in secondary DAW has pointer icon instead of star in sample theme.

Anyone ?

The latest build, with either Mercury or Tungsten theme, should show the Arrow icon on the Smart Tool button and the I-beam on the Select Tool button.

The fact that your Tools module says "SONAR" on it indicates that you were using a custom theme. If you switch to either of the standard themes or to a theme where the theme's author has updated the Tools Module to reflect the changes, your Tools Module should show the correct graphics.

Matthew White and Steven Cook both have themes with updated Tools Modules, and I believe that Boston Flowers has also been updated.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

The latest build, with either Mercury or Tungsten theme, should show the Arrow icon on the Smart Tool button and the I-beam on the Select Tool button.

Thanks! This is the answer... Never thought the icons were part of the customizable theme.  Yes, I use @scook 's Mercury Light Green theme  in my primary DAW. That's why it has star icon.

24 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

The fact that your Tools module says "SONAR" on it indicates that you were using a custom theme. If you switch to either of the standard themes or to a theme where the theme's author has updated the Tools Module to reflect the changes, your Tools Module should show the correct graphics.

It has SONAR label coz it is default themed Sonar Plat installed side by side with CbB in my secondary DAW. I took the screenshot out of Splat just to show how the icons look like, so I don't have to switch DAW just to make the screenshot (I posted from my secondary DAW).. :)

Thanks for the info bro!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think Steve may have updated that one with the new buttons, give it a look.

They've been giving the themesmiths a good workout with the Ripple indicator, the note length buttons in the PRV, and now these Smart Tool changes.

You're in luck, Mercury Light Green is one of the ones he's updated.

I saw the update, but I was too lazy to update... 🤪 The star looks smarter for smart tool to me 😁

OK, I'll update the theme and work on the star icon.

Thanks bro! 😊👍

CbB 2019-07 has two sets of icons for the smart tool, a solid arrow and hollow arrow. I toyed with the idea of deviating from the Mercury images but in the end decided to keep them altering the colors the same as all previous mods.

• Like 1

To say that props are due @scook and @Matthew White (and @Mariano Germán Floresand @Canopus and @Michel Roth | MSol, and @Colin Nicholls and anyone else I missed) for creating their themes and getting with these changes so quickly is an understatement.

Having rolled up my sleeves and gotten my hands dirty with Theme Editor, I have a taste of how much work is involved in just coming up with color alterations that look good. When I tried to get into creating my own buttons, oy, what a lot of work.

6 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

To say that props are due @scook and @Matthew White (and @Mariano Germán Floresand @Canopus and @Michel Roth | MSol, and @Colin Nicholls and anyone else I missed) for creating their themes and getting with these changes so quickly is an understatement.

Having rolled up my sleeves and gotten my hands dirty with Theme Editor, I have a taste of how much work is involved in just coming up with color alterations that look good. When I tried to get into creating my own buttons, oy, what a lot of work.

I wholeheartedly agree to props being due as you stated!  So far I have edited 5 collapsed control bar module images (to make it easier on my eyes) and played around with about 20-25 color elements and I know I do not have the skills (or the patience) to do a complete theme. My hat goes off to master theme makers, too! 

• Like 1

It's something that I've never seen mentioned in reviews of Sonar or CbB, but the existence of the Theme Editor and the resulting availability of excellent user-created themes is a huge feature.

The only time I run with Mercury or Tungsten is when I'm troubleshooting and want a bone stock setup. Otherwise it's one of the M-Lux, M-Titanium, or Boston Flowers.