Help! Sonar samples play back fine but bounce/record immediately dropping audio?

kazzamy

Any ideas what to do if audio samples play back fine but don't bounce to audio or freeze to audio with the sound immediately dropping out after notes start?  Listen to the example attached.  It plays back fine, no drops.  I can't freeze it or save as audio without this glitch.  All other tracks are fine.

This is EW Play and I have the latest version of it (which hasn't been updated in years but this isn't the right time in the project for me to switch the library I'm using).  I'm on Sonar X3 64 bit and plenty of RAM (computer memory is at 41% of use with 96 gigs total). 

audioexample.mp3

First off, as soon as your critical project is done, install Cakewalk by BandLab on your system. It's way better. Also, it will live alongside your old Sonar just fine . You can visit it if you become stricken by a fit of nostalgia.

So the mp3 you uploaded is the sample you want to use? And when you try to use it, at render time you hear only the first part of the file and then nothing?

A few questions:

Is it just this particular sample or all of the ones in the library? What kind of disk are the samples on, and have you defragmented it lately? What happens if you move some of the samples you are trying to use to a different drive before trying the bounce? What is the sample rate you are using in your project? In Preferences > Audio Data > File Bit Depths, what are your settings?

Thank you for your help.  May good karma come your way.  The audio I attached was the excerpt where I had the problem.  I played it back just fine but when exporting audio heard the chop off in the file and am struggling because I've been begging for extensions so no time to upgrade or switch.  I freaking hate Play but it just so happens to have that one damn sample better than any other I have for the project I need to use now.  All other samples work fine.  Just EW Play has problems.  I have a sample only drive and it auto degrags but I can have it do that again.  I thought it wasn't that big a deal because CPU and ram was low, no? 

In File bit depths:

Record bit depth: 16

Render bit depth: 32

Import bit depth: original

Try increasing your ASIO buffer size. By default, Cakewalk uses this buffer size for offline processing (i.e. non-realtime), and some synths don't render properly with very small buffer sizes. If it works to increase the real-time buffer, you can set a non-zero value for BounceBufSizeMsec=0  in AUD.INI, and Cakewalk will use that value for all offline processing. I keep mine at 20  (960 samples at 48kHz).

28 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Have you tried disabling the "Fast Bounce" option?

Some plugins can't cope with it being enabled.

Yes, I had the same problem with fast bounce and freezing.  😥 One issue is I have a movie file loaded in to the project that is 7 gigs.  I might try removing it just to see if that is the problem but would think I should be ok since RAM is usage is low.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:03 AM, David Baay said:

Try increasing your ASIO buffer size. By default, Cakewalk uses this buffer size for offline processing (i.e. non-realtime), and some synths don't render properly with very small buffer sizes. If it works to increase the real-time buffer, you can set a non-zero value for BounceBufSizeMsec=0  in AUD.INI, and Cakewalk will use that value for all offline processing. I keep mine at 20  (960 samples at 48kHz).

Ok, thanks, I will try that.