GPO 4 Support to be Discontinued

Hidden Symmetry

MakeMusic is committed to providing free technical support for current Garritan products. Two years after the release of Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, technical support for the previous version, GPO 4, will be discontinued effective March 1, 2019.

We encourage GPO 4 users to continue to find alternative support through our Help Center, which includes links to our Knowledge Base and Community forums. GPO 4 users are also able to upgrade to GPO 5 for $49.95.

Because these changes impact support, we are contacting all GPO 4 users, including those who have opted out of email in the past. Please take this opportunity to make any desired updates to your email preferences via My Account.

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

• Thanks 1

MakeMusic not only removes support on older products, they have a history of stopping upgrade offers for older versions (which is why I remain with my ancient Kontakt-era GPO, their sales guys said I needed to buy a full priced GPO 5 and wouldn't extend any upgrade offers).  So if you really want this upgrade discount I'd recommend doing it soon.

• Like 1

If you have GPO 5 looks like they updated the install set on Oct 10th.

from https://www.garritan.com/blog/the-lowdown-on-updated-installers-and-downloads/

New Installers

Earlier this year I reported that we were in the process of updating all Garritan installers, primarily to support current Macintosh operating systems. That work has been completed, for every library, for some time.

Since then, however, we have updated all the installers again, this time to improve compatibility with Finale version 26, which was released on October 10, 2018. This work has been completed as well. 

• Like 1