Until August 31 Cherry Audio is offering "Voltage Modular Nucleus" for FREE

cclarry

That's good but it does not inspire confidence does it? I have had module issues but they were pretty easy to fix by clearing and downloading again. I started with the early release version and have seen VM improve with every release. The last couple of releases have been trouble free for me.

CA staff is pretty active on their forum. I have had good results with their forum and support. Have not experienced many support issues mostly feature requests and store questions.

2 hours ago, scook said:

That's good but it does not inspire confidence does it? I have had module issues but they were pretty easy to fix by clearing and downloading again. I started with the early release version and have seen VM improve with every release. The last couple of releases have been trouble free for me.

CA staff is pretty active on their forum. I have had good results with their forum and support. Have not experienced many support issues mostly feature requests and store questions.

Exact , no so confident ....that's why i consider this freebee as a demo ...taking the occasion to compare to Reaktor (meh) Zebra and now falcon to try to see ...

The thing is that it's fast , inspiring and it sound just great !!! there's an inherent quality on the sound .. strange because a SAW is a Saw 

No but it will try to go online if possible. At least, that is how the paid version works. I have not tried the freebie. My guess is the free one works the same. Doubt they would create a special engine to run the free version. May be worth checking with support or their forum.

9 minutes ago, scook said:

No but it will try to go online if possible. At least, that is how the paid version works. I have not tried the freebie.

working great in sonar .....strange , tiket created ....

Well this is exactly what i used to think guyz , until you reach a point where during an inpiration rush you need this and that sound you want to do this with ect ...and then you figure out that this synth can have those osc , but don t have an arppeg that can control pitch or be routed to osc freq , this and that ect ... i will keep using my gotos (omnisphere , diva, arturias , falcon (witch is the most powerfull) but i can see using more and more those modular with i m actually doing starting point templates as the most common things i struggle to have fast in others ...

building its own synths is exiting and inspiring imho !!! 

• Like 1

Since synthesizer where invented they never got a more flexible architecture than modular. All the fixed architecture designs are, in a way, an attempt to simplify the task of dealing with synthesis. And, of course, the modules themselves grow in complexity from the first simple oscilators, filters and envelopes. Modular synths are my fave and they can go in and out of fashion but never will go away.

And there are tons of resources online to help aspiring modular programmers like this one, for instance:

https://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~clark/nordmodularbook/nm_book_toc.html

It's geared toward the Clavia's Nord Modular HW synth  but the concepts are valid for any modular synthesizer.

• Thanks 2