"Unstable" VST by De la Mancha -- doesn't load!

Xcribe

Hello everyone. So, as revealed in the title, I've run into a problem with CbB when trying to load a particular plugin. I've had Cakewalk for a few months, and love it because of its cool interface and fast, intuitive mixing. Everything was going smoothly --that is until this happened.  I got a new PC, and am in the process of copying over all my samples, projects, and VST's.

This particular VST, which worked perfectly on my old machine, with the same OS (Windows 10), the same version of CbB installed, and worse system resources, doesn't load. Instead, on dropping it into a project, I am greeted with a popup:

"Can't Load module: dehaupt DH_ModuleKey 1.0.2+"     ...when I click OK, followed by:

Can't load module: Pitch Shifter_CK2007   ...

Can't load module:Pitch Shifter_CK2007 

Can't load module: Mod_Osc_CK2003a

Can't load module: Mod_Osc_CK2003a

Can't load module: sc:CascMult

Can't load module:  sc:CascMult

Can't load module: sc:CascMult

Can't load module: X_Mix_CK2004

Can't load module: X_Mix_CK2004

Can't load module: Synthedit Int to List2

... Then, the GUI loads up, but no sound plays and the track is silenced indefinitely. I haven't an inkling of an idea what's causing this. It's one .dll, no installed, no directories required, I don't see what could go wrong. Any thoughts???

***My only lead is that it's related to BitBridge, since it's a x32 plugin and the directory of the error message has "BitBridge" in the title.

Thank you in advance!!!

Many synthedit plug-ins try to write to disk. Depending on where the plug-in is installed, it may require running CbB as administrator so the plug-in can create the files it needs. May want to look for alternatives rather than relying on old synthedit software.

• Thanks 1

Just a thought for you - (glad scook's typical brilliance fixed you up, by the way).

I have a small number of 32-bit plugins that I choose to continue to use, as they provide unique sounds/functionality for certain projects.  Other than those, I do NOT generally use any plugin that isn't 64-bit.

I have a VST32 folder in my Program Files (x86) folder, with a number of 32-bit plugins, but since I haven't tried most of those in my current 64-bit environment, I do not even want these to show up as potential plugins to be loaded into any projects - until I test them.

SOOOO - I created an additional folder, that lives in the VST32 folder.  In Cakewalk's Plugin Manager's VST Scan Paths dialog, I do NOT include the VST32 bit folder, but instead I have added the Bridged sub-folder only, (for 32-bit plugins I have tested and determined they still work in a 64-bit environment).  Before loading any untested 32-bit plugin into any projects, I place potential 32-bit plugins, one at a time, into the Bridged folder, and then test out that plugin in a separate new project.  If all goes well, I leave it in the Bridged folder, and if not, then I just delete it, as I will never use a 32-bit plugin that causes any problems in any projects.

Since I pretty much have entirely quit using 32-bit plugins, other than the super small number of ones that are so unique and helpful that I would use them in certain situations, AND that have been tested and found to work OK in 64-bit Cakewalk, my system has been SUPER stable, and I just do not have any weird issues in Cakewalk - I am LOVING the stability of Cakewalk.

So - perhaps the above info might help you with 32-bit plugins in Cakewalk.

Bob Bone

It's funny that this issue should come up with a De La Mancha plug-in, because I, too, have whittled my 32-bit plug-in arsenal down to only the ones that provide sounds that I can get with no other. I think I'm down around 5 at this point.

DLM Sixty-Five is just such a plug-in,  his amazing emulation of the dbx 165a compressor. I have been trying for years to "crack the code" of this one and figure out just what it is that I like so much about it, the soft knee, fast response, whatever, trying to emulate it with the versatile compressors at my disposal like MCompressor and MModernCompressor, ReaComp and so forth, that allow access to every parameter, including custom knee shapes in the case of MCompressor.

One that is in the ballpark actually, is the dbx preset in the sonitus fx compressor in CbB, but still, not quite there.