Summer Dreaming - Song # 8

amiller

On 8/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, daryl1968 said:

bloody lovely stuff!

however, I have to agree with Tom on the piano sound - a little clunky for my tastes but that's an easy fix.

Thanks for the kind words and for the critique.  I’m not a piano player so pointers are appreciated.  Thanks for listening.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:38 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice, apart from the somewhat plastic sounding piano, cool tones on the guitar and the mix comes across well here.

Thanks for listening and taking the time to critique.  Yep, ‘gotta fix dat piano.  😊

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 2:27 AM, bjornpdx said:

Piano is a bit mechanical sounding
you always do wonderful things with the guitar
cool that you recorded the storm and used it in the song

Thanks for listening and the critique.   Based on all of the critiques siting the piano...yep, I plan on re-doing that part.  Also, thanks for the kind words.

Well I noticed the same as everyone else about the piano. But the way you played it sounds good. Just a better piano sound would make it stand out much more.

Guitar tone and playing was wonderful. Really nice work. 

Good song.

On 8/29/2019 at 11:33 PM, Grem said:

Well I noticed the same as everyone else about the piano. But the way you played it sounds good. Just a better piano sound would make it stand out much more.

Guitar tone and playing was wonderful. Really nice work. 

Good song.

Dang piano vst.😂  Thanks for the kind words and critique.  I really appreciate folks taking the time to listen and giving feedback.😊

I thoroughly enjoyed this from first note to last ! Thank you for the journey. I’m not bothered by the piano vsti, as others have noted, the centrepiece is really the lush guitar tone and soulful playing . . . but such a great tune deserves the finest piano sound you have  . . . maybe that was it ?

18 hours ago, noynekker said:

I thoroughly enjoyed this from first note to last ! Thank you for the journey. I’m not bothered by the piano vsti, as others have noted, the centrepiece is really the lush guitar tone and soulful playing . . . but such a great tune deserves the finest piano sound you have  . . . maybe that was it ?

Hey, thanks for the very kind words and for taking the time to listen and comment...'much appreciated.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Very cool composition, and I also enjoyed the tone of the lead guitar.  I agree with emeraldsoul about the piano - maybe try another vst tone if you can.

Thanks for listening and for the critique.  Yeah, it’s pretty much a consensus that the piano vst needs to be swapped out with another.😊

3 hours ago, amiller said:

Thanks for listening and for the critique.  Yeah, it’s pretty much a consensus that the piano vst needs to be swapped out with another.😊

A lot of people prefer sampled pianos and there are some great examples out there. My personal favourite however is Moddart's Pianoteq Stage - which is a modelled instrument - but you'll never get consensus on which is best because it's such a subjective decision.

25 minutes ago, Andrew Ball said:

A lot of people prefer sampled pianos and there are some great examples out there. My personal favourite however is Moddart's Pianoteq Stage - which is a modelled instrument - but you'll never get consensus on which is best because it's such a subjective decision.

The vst I used in this song was TruePianos.  Not being a piano player I originally thought they didn’t sound that bad.  I’ve since picked up Ivory and like them a lot.  I’m going to make the switch when I get the opportunity.  I’ll have to check your favorite as well...thanks.😊

Great back story to raise the appetite to listen to this ... wonderful clear sound overall and I for one just feel the piano bit, If mixed a with little compression and a tad of more reverb, would sound OK.... Just for the record though, Tom is most probably correct .... Great stuff and I enjoyed it immensely, so thanks 

Steve 

1 hour ago, SPAK said:

Great back story to raise the appetite to listen to this ... wonderful clear sound overall and I for one just feel the piano bit, If mixed a with little compression and a tad of more reverb, would sound OK.... Just for the record though, Tom is most probably correct .... Great stuff and I enjoyed it immensely, so thanks 

Steve 

Thank you for listening and taking the time to critique.  Thanks for the kind words as well.  I do plan on revisiting the piano part. 😊