Jesse Jost

Still using SONAR?

OT content removed (It was a vain attempt to point out a difference between uploading a file to Bandlab's online/web-browser app and running Windows software.) 

Edited by User 905133
content not related to SONAR removed

On 12/13/2019 at 9:55 AM, Starise said:

It's Ole Pal! I thought you might have fallen off a cliff. Good to see you back!You look like you but you have a different name.

Yeah - I recognized his GIANT yellow Afro!  (nice hat). Hope you are well, MR Pal.

Bob Bone

15 minutes ago, 65 amps said:

OK, I just installed CbB. 

Under PROJECTS > Upload - I tried uploading the .cwb file and got this error:

"File format is not supported for MMI.cwb Supported file formats: mp3, mp4, wav, aac, ogg, flac"

Then I tried uploading the .cwp file and got the same error.

Now, i moved on to uploading individual .wav tracks of my song into CbB. I chose three different tracks. two of them start at the begining of the timeline of the song (drums and guitar). Then, I uploaded a guitar solo track that is supposed to start in the middle of the song. CbB imported the guitar solo at the beginning of the track, thus it did not import any track meta data of the event data telling CbB where to INSERT the track in the timeline.

Also, I did not know the CbB was limited to 12 tracks. My song has 21 tracks. So, CbB may be useless to me? Tell me if I am wrong here.

-bob

Not sure why you are trying to 'upload', versus just opening the project, in Cakewalk (CbB).  Also, Cakewalk (CbB), is not the same thing as Bandlab.

Lastly, there is no limitation in Cakewalk on the number of tracks your project(s) can contain.  The only contraint is your computer resources.  I regularly have projects with upwards of between 30 and 60 tracks, depending on what I get myself into.

Bob Bone

3 minutes ago, User 905133 said:
14 minutes ago, 65 amps said:

Also, I did not know the CbB was limited to 12 tracks. My song has 21 tracks. So, CbB may be useless to me? Tell me if I am wrong here.

I Googled "how many tracks can Bandlab have" and it seems like Bandlab--an online app--is limited to 12 tracks.

Also you keep mentioning you are trying to "upload" your file.

Are you trying to open the project/bundle with Cakewalk by Bandlab--a Windows program?

OR

Are you trying to upload the project the project into Bandlab in a web browser?

Apologies if you answered that already.

Yeah, I thought I made that clear in a previous post. Guess not.

The instructions for installing CbB are here. Use the "If you are installing from BandLab Assistant" method,

CbB has no track limits.

• Thanks 1

Oh boy, am I confused. 

how do delete my entire install and start over? I'm not seeing the same options as you.

OK, I finally found the APP tab. Darn, that's a really confusing install process. I'm I alone in this? 

It may be a problem that I inadvertently installed the program to my useless online OneDrive Microsoft account. 

So , I'd like instructions on how uninstall then re-install to my local hard drive.

Thanks,

bob

Downloads

C:\Users\bobsa\OneDrive\Documents\BandLab

System Folder

C:\Users\bobsa\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

If all you have installed in BandLab Assistant and want to uninstall and re-install it run the unstaller from Windows.

To uninstall and reinstall CbB here is the uninstall option in BA for CbB

3WgsmGz.png

Ignore the red boxes the image was used for another post

BTW, the installation is documented here. Use the "If you are installing from BandLab Assistant" method,

8 hours ago, 65 amps said:

Yes, let me know if you can grab these files and put my song back together again.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ijgQNN-xIyBC4z8QGW9IFhH6OrZw3MWZ

Seems there are .cwp file and audio files. So you can open it with CbB on your PC, not Web MIX editor on BandLab website. Do you get an error message when open the .cwp file with CbB on your PC?

Honestly, I have no idea what do you want to do. Why are you trying to upload? and where?
Would you like to make a collaboration with anyone on BandLab website?

HIBI-

What I want to do: I want to do a re-mix of this song. But when I upload the tracks the timeline is all screwed up.

Why are you trying to upload? Why are you trying to upload? and where? : I am trying to upload my .cwp file and all my tracks to a program that can read all the event data on my tracks and line up the timeline correctly so that I can do a remix of the song.

I've never used the online Bandlab app myself, but what you're describing sounds like it would be a job for Cakewalk (CbB) which as mentioned above is a completely separate application.   Have you installed that to your local Windows machine?    If so you should have a C:\Program Files\cakewalk\ folder (with multiple sub-folders in it) if you accepted the default paths.    Note that there are other related folders & files by default under the C:\Users\your.name\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk folder but they are ancillary files and not the Cakewalk application itself.

Either way, remember that Bandlab is an application as well, but it is not Cakewalk.

OK, good news got my .cwb file to upload. Whew!  Now, I get an error saying plug-ins missing. THere are a totl of 6 missing plug-ins. They are mostly Wave plug-ins. How do I get these back into my mix?

Ok, I'd like to ask again, did you upload project file to where and for what?
Are you tring to re-mix in "BandLab Web MIX editor" its running on Chrome browser?

You can re-mix it with opening them in the DAW application called CbB (Cakewalk by BandLab) on your local Windows machine. It's latest SONAR actually.
If CbB is already installed, specifically, make 'MMI' folder under 'Cakewalk Projects' folder and put MMI project files (.cwp and audio files) into there and then open 'MMI.cwp' with CbB.

2 hours ago, 65 amps said:

...Why are you trying to upload? Why are you trying to upload? and where? : I am trying to upload my .cwp file and all my tracks to a program that can read all the event data on my tracks and line up the timeline correctly so that I can do a remix of the song.

I think the confusion seems to be coming from your use of the term "upload". "Upload" would generally refer to transferring a file over the internet. It sounds like what you want to do is "open" the file.

YES, I installed CbB (Cakewalk by BandLab) the full DAW now. I have a MMI' folder under 'Cakewalk Projects' folder, and I successfully opened my .cwp file. All the tracks are there but I'm missing Wave 6 plug-ins. How do I get (Cakewalk by BandLab DAW) to load in these missing plug-ins.

@65 amps Make sure VST scan paths in CbB preferences. (Open preferences > File - VST Settings > VST Scan Paths)
The folder its 'WaveShell-VST [version number]_x64.dll' files are installed is contained? If not, add the path. (If it's not scanned automatically, click Scan button.)

Edited by HIBI

@65 amps please post CbB questions to a different thread. If you have missing plugins from a very old project you may have to insert the plugins from scratch if you don't have the same plugins that existed at that time. Vendors often change the plugin ID's with newer versions so they will show up as missing.

• Like 1

I still have the plug-ins. I just don't know where to place them so that CbB (Cakewalk by BandLab DAW) can register them and thus access them.

HIBI gave me these instructions:

Make sure VST scan paths in CbB preferences. (Open preferences > File - VST Settings > VST Scan Paths)
The folder its 'WaveShell-VST [version number]_x64.dll' files are installed is contained? If not, add the path. (If it's not scanned automatically, click Scan button.)

CbB (Cakewalk by BandLab DAW) says it can't find Waves plugins

I'm going to need step-by-step instructions in laymen's terms.

Can anyone help?

-b

@65 amps Anyway, please make a new thread about issue you have in this 'Cakewalk by Bandlab' forum as Noel said above. (Click [Start new topic]) Please describe details of issue you have in new topic.

Edited by HIBI