Jesse Jost

Still using SONAR?

4 hours ago, Steve Patrick said:

Not that anyone at all should give a hoot but I finally had to switch to the Band Lab version in the voiceover studio.  My SPLAT was getting way too buggy and my audio interface kept dropping out (on two different units no less).  Anywhoo...just got everything installed and configured and am hoping for smooth sailing going forward.  I'll keep ya posted.  And a special shout out to any and all who probably thought I'd croaked or somethin.  It's me, Doghouse...only apparently I can't use that name no more.  Sigh.

Welcome back @Steve Patrick. Why couldn't you use that name? 😛

Don't know...back when I signed up for the BandLab thingy I used the same profile as with Cake...but here on this forum it shows me as...well...me...but not the me I used to be...see??  Hip me, will ya?

PS:  I've missed a lot by not hanging around more...like getting to talk to your own self, ol pal...hope you and the missus are doing swell!

It's Ole Pal! I thought you might have fallen off a cliff. Good to see you back!You look like you but you have a different name.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:52 PM, Steve Patrick said:

Don't know...back when I signed up for the BandLab thingy I used the same profile as with Cake...but here on this forum it shows me as...well...me...but not the me I used to be...see??  Hip me, will ya?

PS:  I've missed a lot by not hanging around more...like getting to talk to your own self, ol pal...hope you and the missus are doing swell!

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?forumId=32

13 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Is that Dog House Riley his own self?

In the flesh?

Yarp

Or a cunning imposter

On 12/11/2019 at 10:52 AM, Steve Patrick said:

I've missed a lot by not hanging around more

Nice to see your Hat Pic 😃 and chop to it you really have to work on your post count next year :D

The offline installer is certainly worth eschewing the past two years of product development to retain.

I still use my trusty flintlock pistol because of the flexibility afforded by not having to purchase boxes of manufactured cartridges. A horn full of powder and I don't have to worry that the ammo store will be closed when I need to reload. Ol' Bess performs the task of delivering a projectile at velocity in the general direction of a target, which is all anyone need ask of a firearm.

She misfires three shots out of ten and takes five seconds to reload each round, but that's a small price to pay for not being at the mercy of sporting goods stores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I've been using Sonar Platinum mostly because I know it works on my creaky old laptop. I'm just about being done with my upcoming EP (I was an old Project 5 user, I don't know if anybody around here will remember me but I'm the one who put together the massive P5 user links sticky thread.) *and* a friend is giving me a newer laptop that he doesn't use anymore that has significantly more CPU power (Some of the new NI stuff in Komplete 12 immediately choke out my rig on one keypress) so I'm going to try migrating to CbB once I have it.

Here's my concern: what about the Cakewalk legacy instruments/effects? I'm pretty sure I have installer disks for most of them, at least up through X3... I think Platinum was a download version purchase. Can anyone who had that stuff and did a clean install reassure me they didn't lose access to anything? Will Command Center still work? I actually used Pentagon I on a track for this EP so I'd love to keep my hands on all that stuff.

setting this to monitor replies.

Yes everything works in cbb with a couple of caveats. 

32 bit dx plugins will not work.

32 bit vst plugins will work via bitbridge so they won't run natively.

If you had SONAR you should be able to install it on the new PC using command center. Do it before you install cbb preferably

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, Agincourtdb said:

...Here's my concern: what about the Cakewalk legacy instruments/effects? I'm pretty sure I have installer disks for most of them, at least up through X3... I think Platinum was a download version purchase. Can anyone who had that stuff and did a clean install reassure me they didn't lose access to anything? Will Command Center still work?...

All of the installers are available for download on your MyProducts page:
https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Products

Command Centre is not essential for these most of the installations.

Hello all,

Wow, I just heard about the acquisition. Just in time for me because I almost gave up hope of ever fixing a masterpiece of mine I did as a registered owner of SONAR Producer 8. 

I saved the project as a bundle (.cwb) and as a project (.cwp). 

I am desperately trying to rescue a song via opening up the .cwp and .cwb files. But everytime I do this i get a message, " The file you have chosen differs from the original." 

Now, I must have changed the audio (.wav data tracks at some point) but is there a way to find out what the original names of the tracks are so that when I upload the audio tracks to the project/bundle file it puts all the tracks in the proper timing of the song? 

Right now, hen I tried bypassing the error message and upload the newly named files they are not in the correct positions. THey all default to the beginning of the song regardless of where I originally recorded them in the time line.

Any help would be most appreciated.

-bob

You should not need the separate project file that was saved.

The bundle created by SONAR 8 contains a copy of the project file (the .cwp) at the time the bundle was created.

This

13 minutes ago, 65 amps said:

when I upload the audio tracks to the project/bundle file

does not make any sense. Cakewalk by BandLab resides on your PC just like SONAR 8. There is no upload, just open the bundle in CbB like you would in SONAR.

Or are you trying to use the Chrome-based DAW called BandLab?

No, I have SONAR 8.3 installed and I'm using this program to upload the my song. 

I also, have reaper on another PC. Is there an advantage to trying to upload my song to CbB? Will it read all the event data on my tracks and put all the tracks in alignment?

If the bundle opens with errors on the version that created the bundle, it will likely open with errors in CbB. The separately saved project file is no use without the audio. I don't recall ever reading about this

32 minutes ago, 65 amps said:

" The file you have chosen differs from the original." 

error message. Not sure what information it is trying to convey.

OK, I just installed CbB. 

Under PROJECTS > Upload - I tried uploading the .cwb file and got this error:

"File format is not supported for MMI.cwb Supported file formats: mp3, mp4, wav, aac, ogg, flac"

Then I tried uploading the .cwp file and got the same error.

Now, i moved on to uploading individual .wav tracks of my song into CbB. I chose three different tracks. two of them start at the begining of the timeline of the song (drums and guitar). Then, I uploaded a guitar solo track that is supposed to start in the middle of the song. CbB imported the guitar solo at the beginning of the track, thus it did not import any track meta data of the event data telling CbB where to INSERT the track in the timeline.

Also, I did not know the CbB was limited to 12 tracks. My song has 21 tracks. So, CbB may be useless to me? Tell me if I am wrong here.

-bob

OT content removed (It was a vain attempt to point out a difference between uploading a file to Bandlab's online/web-browser app and running Windows software.) 

Edited by User 905133
content not related to SONAR removed