Question

I have a Nektar Impact LX49+ which I am trying to set up as a control surface. The drivers are installed and Cakewalk can see it. The transport controls work and the pots and sliders move random objects in the plugins. The trouble is when I actually try and map the controls using ACT I get the following window pop up which does not let me select anything .

186413400_cakewalkACT.PNG.339085f8678ee1bd0f1d35d4f15f7150.PNG

Reinstalling the LX49 drivers and Cakewalk has not fixed it

Any ideas? 

4 answers to this question

Could possibly be a Cakewalk problem, but it looks more to me like a graphics issue (the way the buttons are overlaying each other and the white screen).

What kind of graphics card are you using ? While that pop up ACT screen doesn't use high res graphics or anything, it just appears like a graphic malfunction.

That Graphics card is a little older ?

If its installing the MS driver and not the AMD one (not supported by Windows 10) then it may not be compatible with Open GL among other things.

Although it looks a driver display problem, I don't think it is. This problem doesn't appear anywhere else in Cakewalk (or Windows). I have removed the card and used the on board display chipset (Intel HD 4600) and the problem is still there. I even used the windows 8.1 Radeon HD 8490 driver which installs fine and runs everything fine except the ACT window. Am I doomed to a life without sliders and knobs!!!