Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Royal Yaksman

Plugin Alliance - ADA Flanger

Recommended Posts

The Analog Flanger That Rules Them All!

With its rich and colorful tone, the reputable A/DA Flanger was one of the first commercially produced flanging effects to be released in the late ´70s. Since then, it’s become a benchmark for all the other flangers out there. Whether you are going for something extreme or more musical, this little box of flanging wonders easily delivers on every front. Crafted by the award-winning development team at Brainworx and bearing an official stamp of approval from the A/DA founder Dave Tarnowski himself, the plugin version is an exacting emulation of the original analog unit. This timeless piece of gear is available in all major native plugin formats.

List Price: $149; or VIP price with personal emailed code: $99

ADDED TO THE NEW MEGA BUNDLE AT NO EXTRA COST!

http://plugin-alliance.acemlnb.com/lt.php?s=004606f946b93ba357cedf5f97f9f1bb&i=360A396A6A3438

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

^I wanted to post this to ask this question: $149 for a f@#$in' plugin flanger??? WTF?!!

Yep, thanks to subscription😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DrShelder said:

Yep, thanks to subscription😁

They have gone so far off the reservation that they might not even be on this planet anymore?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And just to be clear, I wouldn't pay $149 for a hardware flanger, let alone a plugin flanger! If I need whooshing noises that bad, I'll just make them with my mouth...

Edited by Royal Yaksman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All their older pedals are $49 full price, so I guess the subscription adds a 3x markup.  So the new math to figure out what a PA product should really sell for is take price, divide by 3 then take 50% (expected basic music software sale discount) which is the same as 16.6% of the full retail price.  So I guess that means the new discount level for PA needs to hit 83% off before it's a good deal.

  • Great Idea 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

All their older pedals are $49 full price, so I guess the subscription adds a 3x markup.  So the new math to figure out what a PA product should really sell for is take price, divide by 3 then take 50% (expected basic music software sale discount) which is the same as 16.6% of the full retail price.  So I guess that means the new discount level for PA needs to hit 83% off before it's a good deal.

I am kinda hoping the subscription will fail and then they can drop the voucher charade and just sell all their plugs for $4!

I own about 20 PA plugs or so, all purchased on sale. I have demoed quite a few of the range and even though some are pretty good. There is honestly nothing in their entire range that I would be prepared to part with $100 for. But there is a few I would shell out $4 fo... No wait! After the whole "keeping the lights on" thing, I've looked deep into my heart and am prepared to make it a full $4.99 a plug!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Royal Yaksman said:

I am kinda hoping the subscription will fail and then they can drop the voucher charade and just sell all their plugs for $4!

I own about 20 PA plugs or so, all purchased on sale. I have demoed quite a few of the range and even though some are pretty good. There is honestly nothing in their entire range that I would be prepared to part with $100 for. But there is a few I would shell out $4 fo... No wait! After the whole "keeping the lights on" thing, I've looked deep into my heart and am prepared to make it a full $4.99 a plug!😁

 I think they have enough fanboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember back in the day when this came out Rockworld Music store wanted about $149 for it. And back then I said I wasn't going to spend that much money for a pedal. I ended up getting the Phase 90 from mxr. And use that for years. I think it was the mid 80's before I broke down and bought a Ibanez flanged. 

So Yaksman, I am in 100% agreement with you on they have lost thier mind. 

If you need a good flange sound, go to IK and buy Aplitue and get the Fulltone add-on and try the TERC. You get that woshing sound, plus a better chorus. Plus a few more goodies for around the same money as the PA plugin. 

Subscription ain't looking good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let the number speak .... boycott here , i skipped Slate , and i don't mind do it for PA , i'm loaded ....with plugin next stuff are hw , faderport , TC elevctronic Stereoclarity , keyboard ect ...i really don't miss anything now ... i prefer to pu money apart and go 2 weeks on holidayz and be inspired and produce !! period , waaaaayyyy better than any SUB or plugin !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zo said:

let the number speak .... boycott here , i skipped Slate , and i don't mind do it for PA , i'm loaded ....with plugin next stuff are hw , faderport , TC elevctronic Stereoclarity , keyboard ect ...i really don't miss anything now ... i prefer to pu money apart and go 2 weeks on holidayz and be inspired and produce !! period , waaaaayyyy better than any SUB or plugin !

I may opt out of SS All Access and do the PA deal with my voucher...
There's a lot more there that I would use over the SS stuff.  While
I like the SS plugins, I have others that would cover those...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I may opt out of SS All Access and do the PA deal with my voucher...
There's a lot more there that I would use over the SS stuff.  While
I like the SS plugins, I have others that would cover those...

you talking sub ? really ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Zo said:

you talking sub ? really ?

The PA sub gives you over 100 plugins and Instruments...
The SS one gives you about 20....granted they are a really
good 20, but the PA stuff is about equal in many aspects
to the SS...so, if I'm only going to do one sub, I guess I need
to weigh the pro's and con's deeply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally decided that I'll not sign the PA sub. I'll buy their plugs if and when I find the prices are worth (not much hope, though).

The only sub I have and I'll keep is the Groove3 for $15/mo as it saves me a lot of time almost every time I need to learn a new tool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sergio said:

I'll not sign the PA sub. I'll buy their plugs if and when I find the prices are worth (not much hope, though).

This^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cclarry said:

BTW...I've been on the Slate Sub since it started.

Don t you feel bad to stop with zero licences owned ....this is the main issue ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zo said:

Don t you feel bad to stop with zero licences owned ....this is the main issue ...

No...not really....I still have VMR....so won't lose everything...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well and with PA ...? I guess you have a lot of stuff already ...

i was checking bundles for my students and i c ame to the conclusion that you can have top notch stuff for "life" for a one year sub on 5 brands , period !

waves gold : 99 $

soundtoys : 149 $ (optional) 

lex pcm :149$

Waves cla /ssl/api on deman 29$ one or personnaly i would go a bogo (or more) from ik tracks stuff that get you cover from mix to mastering .

waves omnischeps : 29 $

i could add izotope bundle and they would have evrything they need to be able to mix stuff right ...

I don t even talk a out kanglehm , vahalla, tonebooster , freebies ...balcroaster ...ect if they need stuff here and ther as well as second hand PA stuff that are near free ! Lol

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...